$20 ARIA

Discussion in '$20 Trick Section' started by Sonya, Apr 28, 2015.

1. fugsworth

fugsworth VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Highly dependent on the dates/occupancy, I'd guess.

EDC
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Laostuh

Laostuh Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Whats a late check-out to you? Typically most hotels will allow you to check-out around 12-1PM if you call down and ask?

3. amanty

amanty Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    UPDATE

After 2 delays and a plane swap we finally made it to the Aria on Thursday night.

Check in: 12:15am
    Host: Female
    Tip: $20 beteween CC & ID

The agent took the tip and placed to the side of the monitor, so I asked if they had any complimentary upgrades such as corner suite. She responded that they were sold out.

I countered with a late checkout. She said standard checkout is 11 but I can do 12 complimentary.

I said thank you and proceeded to tell her that this our first time at the property and we are in town to celebrate my birthday is there anything else we can upgrade about the room?

She said how about a great view? Okay I said.

She handed us 2 different cards, one of which said sky suites. She said use this in he morning to gain access to the sky suites lower level lounge. There are breakfast pastries, coffee, water, juice, soda and fruit available.

We thanked her and headed to our room.

Was it worth it? Meh, maybe to some. Was it a complete failure - no.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Laostuh

Laostuh Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So you just got a view uprade? Any idea on what room?

5. amanty

amanty Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    9C2E10EB-62C1-4841-9A40-D0C833A588E3.jpeg 480261EE-75F0-48B8-A964-8A1087536A02.jpeg FD53C2EA-9C55-48DD-A66C-C7814C87C883.jpeg 4314DEFF-6E60-49B8-9428-99F18E501A42.jpeg
    A view upgrade & the breakfast pastries / drinks usually reserved for sky suite guests only.

Room 21080

6. Sophiaroberta

Sophiaroberta Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Staying at the Aria Tuesday-Saturday This February. Three comped nights and 85$ for the Friday night (very low rates in comparison to other weeks on their calendar) . I have a deluxe king room booked. Was thinking of doing a $50 sandwich. Anyone have any recent luck with the sandwich trick at the Aria.

7. Johnny Chimpo

Johnny Chimpo Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Had an interesting check-in at Aria yesterday afternoon around 3:30pm.

Our original reservations were for 2 rooms. Mine was a Standard Resort King comped for 4 nights, and my business partners booked on MLife with their discounted tier rate for a Resort Queen.

We arrived, stood in line, and waited for the next available front desk opening. Once one opened, we all went together.

We gave Trina our ID's and MLife cards. I had a Platinum card from last year, but have since been down graded to a Pearl because the system reset points in September, or some BS...already am almost a Gold after 40 minutes of gambling last night.

Trina asked what we were doing in town, and we told her it was business (Surfaces Convention). She said Ok, and looked at reservations and MLife cards, and we politely asked if there were any complimentary upgrades.

Trina then said she would check the system and talk to her manager. A quick 30 seconds later, she ASKED us if we were interested in combining our 2 reservations into 1 single reservation in a 2 BR Sky Suite. We asked if there was a drastic cost increase, and she said that it would basically be $150-$200, but she needed to run the new reservation, and cancel the other 2.

My total room cost was resort fees and tax for 4 nights, so around $160-170. My partners 4 night reservation was around $700 + resort fee and taxes, so around $900-1000.

She ran the new total, and the room cost was $1300ish for the 4 nights in the 2 BR Sky Suite.

We talked on the plane in about doing a $50 or $100 sandwich, but opted to see what some polite asking would do.

In the end, our room cost went up about $50-75/day, but we all feel it is well worth it. The steam mist shower, heated toilet seat, and Sky Suite Lounge is worth every penny. They even have razors, tooth brushes, tooth paste, and just about every toiletry you need in the bathrooms.

We did give Trina a $30 tip for her taking care of us.

• Love Love x 5
    • Like Like x 4
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. bill82003

bill82003 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just got into the aria on a comped offer for 2 nights. Sandwiched $40 trying to get the corner suite no dice. Asked if he could waive resort fees no go. Got him into some small talk and he asked me if I was celebrating anything, I said my girlfriends bday. He proceed to type away and upgraded us to strip view and $100 food and drink credit. $40 well spent!

9. FolsomMike

FolsomMike Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bump...I’m staying at the Aria next week and wondering if $20. is still enough or if I should offer more. Anyone tried the sandwich here recently?

10. DrMBachJr

DrMBachJr Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Might help you, depending on your check-in, but I am staying next week as well (checking-in on Thursday the 6th, deluxe king) and I was thinking about trying it out. I don’t really need a bigger room since I will be by myself, but I wouldn’t mind a strip view. If I try it, I’ll post in here the result.

11. DrMBachJr

DrMBachJr Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Checked in last night around 6 pm. Put the $20 between my ID and CC. Asked “are there any complimentary upgrades available?” She said she would check but ray were fully booked. No bueno. No room upgrade, no view upgrade, no offer of any other extras. I essentially got the room I was booked in, 4th floor. No view at all. Oh well. She asked if I wanted the $20 back. I said no. 0 for 1 on the $20 trick for me

12. NotFromConcentrate

NotFromConcentrate It’s a Cassowary :)

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bummer. It's a busy time, being right at the beginning of NFR, so it's understandable that they'd be sold out. As I'm sure you've picked up from these threads, the success of the $20 trick almost completely depends on what's available... which is why it's a good move to check the hotel's website for what they have available if you were to book online right then. Also, I think that given how Aria doesn't really have a lot of mid-tier rooms (you're either in a basic room or a suite, there isn't really any intermediate other than rooms with a view), that makes it a less than desirable place to try this trick. Places like Planet Hollywood and Caesars Palace on the other hand, have a lot more variety, and thus a lot more potential for success.

[TENTATIVE Late Jul/Early Aug] Vegas by way of Chicago/Elko/Reno!
  13. DrMBachJr

DrMBachJr Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Definitely a good call checking ahead to even see if what you are shooting for is even available. Since I am here for a course and I am by myself I wasn’t really too upset about the strikeout. I’ve never done it before so I wanted to try it. I can only go up from here. Lol

14. DrMBachJr

DrMBachJr Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Btw, the room I got is really nice, even without a view. Probably one of the nicer, if not the nicest, rooms that I have stayed in Las Vegas.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Eleven99isFine

Eleven99isFine VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Every time time I have stayed at Aria, they have to call someone to assign me a room ... Even if it's the one I booked. I don't think the front desk can give away big upgrades willy-nilly. Have never asked for upgrades. Can't imagine how the sandwich would ever work here or at vdara...

16. johnvic

johnvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm checking into Aria on this Thursday late night, landing at 10:35 PM, so hoping to arrive by 11:30 if I'm lucky. I have a myVegas comp room followed by 2 nights paid. I have requested back to back rooms, so that I don't have to move. I wouldn't mind a strip view and that is worth $20 to me. I've checked the website and rooms are available. So hopefully I'll get a nice view. I always ask for high floors away from elevators anyway.

Vegas Spring Trip!
  17. gradytripp

gradytripp High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love Aria, it's our home base really. But in situations just like the one you describe (myVegas comp, late night arrival on a weekend night) I've had zero luck with the $20 trick. Thursday's sort of a weekend, sort of not, I realize.

Lately, even when we arrive on a Sunday afternoon in the middle of the summer, free upgrades have been very hard to come by. We have been offered some decent paid upgrades (to corner suites, or to a non-suite room in the Sky Suites tower) at what I thought were pretty reasonable prices. I think there's been a thread or two about that. Good luck!

18. Eleven99isFine

Eleven99isFine VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Weekend stay upgrade? Amazing deal if you get it for only $20.

19. pci95

pci95 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Now this might be super crazy to even ask, but any thoughts on the plausibility it would work Thursday of Super Bowl Weekend?

20. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Check room availability on their website to see if what you want is available for your entire stay. If not, don't expect an upgrade, but you can always try and hope for the best.

Tags: