1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Aria vs Cosmo

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by labatt1876, Nov 11, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. labatt1876

labatt1876 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi All

I have read some of the reviews to the Aria downfall, in terms of room quality.

I am going to be out there next week, for 3 nights. First trip away for my wife and I in quite sometime, without kids! We were going to stay at Aria, but now having second thoughts.

Can get Cosmo Suite with Terrace for about $150/night extra than Aria regular king room.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks!

Last edited: Nov 11, 2021
  2. MohrPfun

MohrPfun VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's worth the $450. Do it.

It's just so much more fun, and a better experience overall, in my opinion.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. BlackJackLife

BlackJackLife Already dreaming of the next trip

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Aria is not in a “downfall”…..but the Terrace rooms at Cosmo are nice.

Summer heat for Independence Day week...
    • Agree Agree x 6
  4. Adam

Adam Creepy Vegas Friend

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Pay the money. The difference in value between the two is > $450

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. ReTriggerMe

ReTriggerMe Stand Up to Jewish Hate!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Apples to Apples... what can you get at Aria for same price? Can you upgrade to a Tower Suite or even Sky Suite?

I posted a few weeks ago about Aria deteriorating room allegations. Most VMBers opined differently. My Aria experience in a Tower suite earlier this year is that it was in excellent condition.

I love Cosmopolitan. Love the terraces. It's my goto - 5 stays in 2021, another soon. But nothing is 100% risk free. A terrace without premium view is facing south, no fountain view. I prefer cheaper city view in winter, as its sunny, warmer. However, there's currently construction immediately below those rooms.....guests are reporting alot of construction noise.

If I could get an Aria premium room, like a studio panoramic, for same price as Cosmopolitan terrace room, I'd give it serious consideration.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. midliferetired

midliferetired VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What would you do with that $450 if you stayed at Aria? Gambled? A few extra nice meals? Is it even that much money to you? Are you the kind of people that stay in their rooms a lot? There's also an Amex offer $100 back for $500 spend on MGM luxury properties. Charge some meals to your room and you can probably make it to $500 easy.

I'm at the Cosmo and the terrace is nice for a little bit. The view is obstructed by the other tower, Aria, office high rise building, Bellagio, and Caesars Palace.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. labatt1876

labatt1876 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anything other than a regular Deluxe King room at Aria is super $$$ at this point. Certainly as compared to Cosmo's prices. The Deluxe King was super inexpensive for my dates. ~$75/night

8. RPMCanes

RPMCanes VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cosmo all day. Aria is weak.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. scribe95

scribe95 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We love Aria. Have stayed five times. Have seen no decline (and I read a recent thread where many many people agreed).

Having said that just to do something different we stayed at Cosmo in September and loved it. The terrace was incredibly cool (we had fountain view) and we liked having a fridge in our room. I would still give the beds and the pool edge to Aria; great food at both places. The marijuana smell at Cosmo is much stronger because people are allowed to smoke on the terraces.

$450 is a lot you can do other things with though - including upgrading your Aria room.

10. The Rumor

The Rumor VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Counterpoint: I would never really spend enough time in my room that it's worth $150 a night more. Maybe you do, though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What office tower?

Given those two resorts, definitely agreed. I'd pay $150 a night more to stay at somewhere other than the Best Western Kent Narrows Inn, but in Vegas, I'd rather spend that money on food. And speaking of food, I vastly prefer the restaurants at Aria, so there's something to be said for having the places I like right downstairs.

12. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    $150/night is a large spread.

What is the exact name of the room type you are planning to book at Cosmo? Most of the room names have Terrace in the name, but only a few are suites.

A "Terrace Suite" at Cosmo is worth $150/night more than a standard room at Aria. A "Terrace Studio" (with no fountain view) is not IMO, unless this is your only chance to stay at Cosmo.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. midliferetired

midliferetired VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  14. labatt1876

labatt1876 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Was looking at booking the Terrace One Bedroom

And thanks everyone for all the reply's.

Probably not my only chance. Stayed at Wynn las few trips, but decided to change it up this time.

15. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I look at prices a lot and that's more of a difference than I would want to pay.

Cosmo is always running 20% - 33% discounts if you book 60 days ahead, take a look at their Offers page. I think I would try to take advantage of that on a future trip, you should be able to shave a decent amount off the price.

I think your timing is a little unlucky too, they have a couple of nights next week that are out of line for non-weekend nights. Those prices might have been lower if booked earlier.

upload_2021-11-11_18-27-28.png

16. mickyblueeyes

mickyblueeyes VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just curious why not newly reno'd room at Bellagio? Out of your options I would do Cosmo but I am one of the people that had a beat up room at Aria and vouched to not stay in a regular room there again until reno's were done.

17. ATLchris

ATLchris Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In my opinion, if you’re used to staying at Wynn, you will be happier at Aria than Cosmopolitan.

We do several Vegas trips each year, and we will only stay at Aria Sky Suites, Bellagio, or Wynn/Encore.

The terraces at Cosmopolitan are unique and offer a nice vantage point of the strip, but the one and only time we stayed there (in a wraparound terrace fountain view suite) we were less than impressed. Our room was dirty; leftover food in the fridge, crushed marijuana on the living room floor, dirty underwear left in the closet. Management’s solution was to simply move us to a different room, and no additional compensation was offered until I left an unfavorable review on Yelp. Even then it was only to credit back our resort fees.

I know many people on VMB love Cosmopolitan, and we wanted to love it too, but our experience staying there was severely disappointing. If you’re used to the level of service and cleanliness of Wynn/Encore, while Aria won’t measure up to that level, it will come closer than Cosmopolitan.

Wherever you choose to stay, I hope you have a wonderful trip!

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. mickyblueeyes

mickyblueeyes VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Aria Sky Suites are a total different realm compared to standard room I would definitely pick sky suite over Cosmo but not the standard room

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. carolineno

carolineno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Full disclosure - I am a Cosmo devotee. I love having easy access to fresh air and down time on the terrace in my room.

If your wife is into outdoor time, I would say Cosmo. However, not everyone is into “outside” in November.

Conversely, I find I have to put up with neighbors a bit more at Cosmo. Smoke, noise, etc, mostly from the terrace.

I am a low roller but I find my dollar is appreciated a bit more at Cosmopolitan.

Both places are great!

Ladies getaway, somewhere on the strip with a pool :)
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. ReTriggerMe

ReTriggerMe Stand Up to Jewish Hate!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    OK. Not sure about office tower... maybe Veer.

But what from what Cosmopolitan room can guests have view obstructed by other tower, Aria, Bellagio and Caesars Palace?

Are there low floor wraparounds - west side of Boulevard Tower or east end of Chelsea Tower that this could describe?

And what drives my Cosmo-loyalty? This:

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.