1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Aria pick up area for Uber and Lyft

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Las Vegan Cajun, Feb 12, 2018 at 10:45 AM.

1. Las Vegan Cajun

Las Vegan Cajun Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The pick up location for the Aria has changed. It is now on the lower valet level.

6A7BD5C5-3FA7-4C46-A2E3-DFD43A8EF113.png

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Aria probably got tired of all the rideshare drivers parking at the North Valet.

Did Vdara share the pick up area with Aria at the North Valet or does it have it's own pick up location?

3. Las Vegan Cajun

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As the popularity of ride share continues to grow all pick up areas are being overwhelmed by Uber/Lyft cars. Many of the hotel properties are realizing this and making changes to ride share pick up areas to accommodate the ever increasing number of Uber/Lyft cars.

The Vdara has always, and still does, have their own designated ride share pick up area. It is located right in front of the taxi line, which I think is comical.

8EE2976F-6DA8-4301-9CC7-C4C3850EB5EC.png

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018 at 11:56 AM
  4. guapoxxx

guapoxxx High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Solo Trip!
    Golf Trip!
    • Like Like x 1
  5. amk121

amk121 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you for sharing! Very helpful..

• Like Like x 1
  6. Laugh

Laugh Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Interesting change, but makes sense. It gets pretty packed along those plants.
    Vdara pick up is easy as pie.

St. Pattys Weekend
  7. spicole

spicole VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If I am staying at Aria and call a ride share, how do I get down to the lower level to the pick up area? Is it the escalators near the Buddha statue?

Friend's BDay Trip!
    Friend's BDay Trip, Part II
  8. rscpa

rscpa Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Took it this morning, escalators down to the left of doors, about 25 feet from Budha. The Aria manager screamed at us, Uber not here, downstairs. Good grief, first day with new location. Signs were just getting installed. He did say Vdara was downstairs also....

9. Las Vegan Cajun

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not surprised, Aria has long been one of my not so favorite places to pick up and drop off for that reason. They are so rude to drivers there, I guess they don’t care about their customers either.

That’s interesting about Vdara being downstairs, we didn’t get a notice about the Vdara move, just the Aria. I’m sure I’ll be down to the Strip sometime tonight, I’ll check it out when I get down there. Right now I’m out in Summerlin, at Red Rock Resort waiting for the next custmer.

10. rscpa

rscpa Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The area downstairs is going to be a mess, has less area to stack up the waiters in my opinion. I understand upstairs was bad, but downstairs is going to be worse. Of course the [email protected] suit was just plain miserable in his communications to us. Like we were stupid for going to the usual staging area...never mind no signage about the move. And that was at 7 in the morning, imagine by later in the day, he will be really eloquent in his statements to passengers.

11. Las Vegan Cajun

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had a Vdara drop off tonight and confirmed that the Uber/Lyft sign for pick up area is still in the same spot as it has been. It’s right in front of the taxi staging line for the Vdara main entrance.

I drove through the new Aria pick up location and thought WOW this is gonna be a huge mess during heavy demand times. They definitely went from bad to worse with this move.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018 at 7:57 AM
  12. rscpa

rscpa Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The way he was yelling at us, I might have misheard him. I would think it will be easier to just put in Vdara instead of Aria for location.

13. Las Vegan Cajun

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That is what I tell all the Cosmopolitan customers to do, go up to the Vdara instead, much easier pick up there.

14. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

It's might be easier for you, but not so easy for the customer, especially if there is luggage involved.

The customer would have to walk out of the Cosmo lobby and exit (dodging all those taxis and vehicles that are "supposed" to brake for people crossing), walk a couple of minutes up to the elevators that take you to Vdara, go up the elevator to street level and then walk over to the Vdara ride sharing pickup area. If someone calls Uber or Lyft from Cosmo and the drivers is two minutes away, it will take a lot longer than that to go all the way to Vdara to meet the driver for the pickup. Plus, to be honest, if I am paying for a taxi or ride share, I don't want want to have to go on an Indiana Jones adventure to find the driver - that happened to me on a recent pickup at JFK airport in NYC with a car service driver and needless to say I was not happy at all.

15. Las Vegan Cajun

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sometimes the Cosmopolitan is so backed up with traffic it takes 5 minutes or more just to get through the place to the ride share pick up area.

• Informative Informative x 1