1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Aria - Invited Guest Line versus Pre-Check In?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by TommyToledo, Mar 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TommyToledo

TommyToledo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is there any difference, in your opinion, between using the invited guest line or the pre-check in at Aria? My thought process is using the computer means no chance at the $20 trick or a possible free upgrade, so I should just use the invited guest line. Does anyone see a flaw in this?

2. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If I had that linked to my reservation, I'd go with invited guest line. For the most part, the invited guest lines are relatively short and, like you said, I'll at least have a shot at upgrading to a better room location or better room talking to a person. Unless I'm in a rush to get a room, I'd skip the pre-check.

Now, saying that, I had a reservation at the Flamingo back in September. They sent me the email to check in, but I just saved it hoping to get an upgrade even though I would just be using the regular check in line. When I got to the lobby, the line stretched all the way to Terre Haute... I just whipped out my phone, clicked away at the email, then headed to the kiosk to finish checking in and to get my room keys instead of waiting in line.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. tornadobox

tornadobox High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would say it probably depends on what time of day you're checking in. If you're checking in late at night, and/or on a very busy day, it is possible that your preferred room type could be sold out by the time you get to the desk (remember, your room type is not guaranteed until you get your keys).

I had a poor experience checking-in at Bally's once. I had the option to check-in online prior to arriving vs. checking in with everyone else (granted, it was not an invited guest situation) and opted for the latter. Upon getting up to the desk, we were informed that our booked room type was no longer available, but that they could put us in a different (comparable) room for the night and then move us the next day. Essentially, we were offered a 2-queen room instead of the 1-king that we chose when booking. Because we didn't want to deal with moving rooms, we opted to pay more for an upgraded room that was available with 1-king (I did ask for a comp on the upgrade, but it was a no-go). I'm pretty sure if I had checked in online prior to arriving, we would have received the bed option that we were expecting.

4. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree with your thinking.
    The computer won't let you request a higher floor,near the elevator,possible upgrade etc.

5. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hope the OP doesn't mind my piggybacking...

Is the invited guest line at Aria still to the left of the normal registration area? Wasn't sure if they changed things after adding the tower suites lounge...

Thanks!

6. pleasemum

pleasemum High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes it is but it is part of the regular check in counter - just off to the left.

We always wait to check in at the desk rather than using the e-mail link. I like to ask for specific room type - I don't like adjoining room doors so I want to make sure I don't get stuck in one of these. At Aria, we have not an issue checking in at the invited guest line, even checking in late, we have received our room type. However, checking in late at Cosmo gets us a room upgrade!!! Unfortunately, we have never received a room upgrade at Aria and we are Gold for what it's worth.

• Like Like x 1
  7. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    thanksmum!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.