1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Aria Buffet

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by jpm1603, Nov 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jpm1603

jpm1603 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will be staying at Aria in January and have a $100 resort credit to use. Kast time I used the credit at different restaurants, but curious as to what people's opinions of the Aria Buffet are?

2. lionelhutz

lionelhutz Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    as with most things, you'll get different opinions on it, but we were there last year, and I really did not like it.
    I found the food to be poor, the food selection lacking, the drink service to be non-existent, and it looked and felt like a public school cafeteria.

but thats just me.

3. north east j

north east j Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Having been to Aria buffet, M Resort Buffet, and the Excalibur Buffet, I can tell you that food quality was slightly better than Excalibur - but not by much.

I also had that $100 F&B credit and used it - and regretted it.

The service from the gentleman working our table was exceptional, however - to the point that we made apoint of telling him so and tipping accordingly.

I would stick to restaurants!

4. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We had it, and thought it was good. Not sure it matters though. I believe it's closed for renovations so will most likely be different when it reopens.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2012
  5. nhcris

nhcris VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mediocre, at best. There are much better options at Aria.

6. ez369

ez369 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It is currently closed and supposed to reopen sometime in December. I believe it's getting a slight remodel and they are adding live cooking stations. From what I gather, they are gearing it more towards their competition Wicked Spoon and Bacchanal. Perhaps worth a try. Also generally with the resort credit's, you can use it across restaurants on other MGM properties should you prefer dining at Bellagio or somewhere else.

7. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can absolutely use it at other MGM properties.

8. jpm1603

jpm1603 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for all the info!

9. rbspartan

rbspartan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I found the Aria breakfast buffet to be superb.:licklips: But the dinner buffet was just so-so. :rolleyes2:

10. chrisn42

chrisn42 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can use it at other places? When I went in October and booked the $75 credit at Vdara, upon checkin in (and having to ask/mention that I booked with the credit) I was given this little card that had all the places it was valid at. At the time it was only good at the few places at Vdara, and a few at Aria. They said the only reason Aria places were even on there was because obviously Vdara doesn't have a bunch of places to eat.

11. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I ate there for dinner once and was NOT impressed. There's just something about it that rubbed me the wrong way. There's absolutely nothing special about the food, and it has a very sterile atmosphere in the dining room.

Considering that the Aria is basically MGM's number 2 nicest hotel, you'd think the buffet would be almost on par with the Bellagio's. Not even close.

I ate at the Mirage buffet on the same trip and found it to be much better than Aria's.

12. ez369

ez369 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Generally you can use it across properties for dining. However sometimes there are special promotions where they can only be used at a certain property or at certain outlets. In the case of your scenario, it sounded like they singled out where you could use it and I have seen that with some promo's.

13. jpm1603

jpm1603 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will only be able to use my $100 at Aria. Judging by the response here I will not be trying the buffet!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.