1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Aria buffet on Mother's day for dinner. Any way to avoid lines?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Kisby, May 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kisby

Kisby Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Planning on Aria Buffet for dinner Sunday night. I hear the weekend dinner is very good. (Would be glad to hear your comments.) I assume there will be a long line around 6:30. We are seeing Carrot Top at 8, so can't be held up by a long line. Any ways to avoid that? Pay extra? Hit up host? etc.

2. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You will need to be a pretty heavy player to get to skip the line at Aria, and showing up at 6.30 will be tight if you have a show at the luxor at 8.00, its at least a 15 minute walk

3. UKFanatic

UKFanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Couple ideas: if you are staying at Aria, upgrade to the Skysuites. That will get you a line pass. A host could also get you a line pass. But if you don't already have one, maybe go play in the high limit for three or four hours the same day and see if the host on duty will then get you the pass. Finally, if the host fails you, maybe you strike up a conversation with a bigger noir or platinum player in the high limit and see if they can help you out. Granted, all of these ideas cost money, potentially a lot. You may just want to show up for the line at 6 instead of 6:30

4. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wouldn't pay for a larger room or gamble in high limit just to get a line pass. I'd just get to the buffer earlier.

• Agree Agree x 5
  5. armybrat

armybrat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Come on Larry, as an old Vegasganger you should know the drill! :wave:

6. Kisby

Kisby Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Who is this!

Yes, I should know the drill, I was hoping to cut ahead in line. I'm diamond at the wrong propert for this buffet!

7. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    IMHO, if a show is your priority, I would eat at somewhere where you'd have the advantage.

Can you skip Aria this time and go to Bacchanal just this once?

Another NGO trip. QQQQ/NYNY
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Kisby

Kisby Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Will they have all-you-can-eat crab legs?

9. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I believe (would most certainly expect) that Bacchanal would have crab legs.

Another NGO trip. QQQQ/NYNY
  10. armybrat

armybrat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ScoPro - who still posts on Stardust Boy's board. Long time, no see - hope your family is well & prospering!

11. Kisby

Kisby Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow, ScoPro! Great to see you! We are well, hope you are, too!

12. armybrat

armybrat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Big Tip, bcmike, Pea Princess, & Blacklabber post here too. Me - not that much lately.

13. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The way to avoid the line is to not go.

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

Well, it wouldn't really be worth it pay a lot more money to upgrade a room just to *try* and get into a $42.99 buffet. Having a line pass won't guarantee that you aren't at the end of a long line with other line pass holders (unless someone is already planning on being in the Sky Suites anyway, which are amazing).

Also, what people don't seem to realize is that the MLife Player's Card (Pearl level and above) IS a buffet line pass. Gold members and above have a separate line, which is usually much faster, but I can't say how it would work on Mother's Day. The lines on Thanksgiving at the Aria buffet were like I had never seen in my life (I wasn't crazy enough to try and eat there, I was just passing by) and even the Gold & Platinum VIP line wrapped around several times and snaked all the way back past Herringbone. Mother's Day is a big holiday for eating out, so it's hard to say what the Aria buffet line will be like until you get there.

15. UKFanatic

UKFanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not saying its "worth" it either. but the OP just asked for ideas. All the ideas cost money. If it were me, I would just show up an extra half hour earlier

16. dcrawf

dcrawf Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    While going to Bacchannal might save the OP money, its unlikely to save them any time. Everyplace will have rediculous lines for Mother's Day; it's unavoidable. Plus Caesars' is further away from Luxor than Aria. I'd say get there by 5:30 and hope you're actually eating an hour later

17. JeJas

JeJas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mother's day dinner is a busy time for Vegas buffets (not as bad as Thanksgiving though).
    Even if you have a line pass, after you pay the casher, you still need to wait for the usher to seat you,
    and mostly importantly wait for tables available. It could take a while, or a long time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.