1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Aria Buffet no longer listed on its’ website

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by MidnightBJ, May 27, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MidnightBJ

MidnightBJ Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just noticed that Aria and MGM Resorts’ corporate website no longer list the Aria Buffet as a restaurant option. It was just there a week or so ago and listed as “temporarily closed”. That is a very telling change. I loved their breakfast buffet. I don’t like buffets for any other meal, but they are a necessity for food options in Las Vegas.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. duceiswild

duceiswild Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Same @44inarow. Buffets make the rest of the Vegas culinary world go 'round, to some extent. Especially with the hospitality worker shortage as it is today, there are few (if any?) other eateries that can service the volume of people a buffet can, with as few number of employees. If the fast casual and full service restaurants are going to continue to be expected to service the additional load, that is going to make reservations a must for the foreseeable future. Not all buffets have to come back, but certainly a fair amount, as there are definitely some travelers that enjoy that dining experience.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. MidnightBJ

MidnightBJ Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I couldn’t find it in the regular restaurant list any longer, but when I use the search function, it locates the page. I assume you used the search function as well, because I can’t find it any other way. They definitely took all the links down from what I can tell, but didn’t take the actual page down.

5. luck.ofthe.draw

luck.ofthe.draw VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Could just be a tech glitch. Quick Google search brings up the page. It would be far more worrisome if other restaurants remained closed.

At some point, buffets at most places will probably be on the way out. This isn't the 90's anymore - diets and food trends have changed, buffets are not as necessary as they once were, especially at nicer resorts. We'll see what happens.

Quality time for me!
    Starting off 2022 on the right foot! Winning!
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep, that's what I did. It's decidedly weird though.

7. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    OK, @44inarow , time for you to take a walk up there an find out. Inquiring minds need to know!!!!!!

HGS Weekend #2!!!!
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Julian Serrano is still closed, but listed on the main website at the very bottom of the restaurant tab. The rest listed are open. But like you say, it could also be a glitch.

Screenshot_20210527-113355_Chrome.jpg

Also if you search "buffet" within the Aria website, "The Buffet at Aria" is the top result. So it might still come back. But who knows if/when it does.

Screenshot_20210527-114130_Chrome.jpg

9. Jer

Jer I kinda did a thing...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You beat me to it... :thumbsup:

10. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Will do! As of two days ago it was completely empty. But JS had started restocking the bar...

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you!!!!

HGS Weekend #2!!!!
  12. LLK311

LLK311 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ahh I hope they reopen it! I never ate there but I always heard great things, and they had a poke bar and Indian bar!

• Love Love x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. cjcjcj

cjcjcj VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Never tried Aria buffet but always wanted to. Really awaiting the reopening of Wynn, Bellagio, and Mandalay buffets!!!

2022 First Escape
  14. LAdoesVegas

LAdoesVegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Same, never eaten there but heard it was better than the other MGM Buffets, even if it was a step down from Bacchanal, Wynn, and Wicked Spoon. I've only eaten at Wicked Spoon for breakfast, but I was not impressed. I had reservations for the Wynn for last September but they closed it the week before I got there :(

Journey at Caesars Palace
  15. Chicken Dinner

Chicken Dinner Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I found the upscale Mlife buffets a good use of myVEGAS points, which are pretty useless at this pt. No need to go hog wild when it’s free…

• Like Like x 1
  16. SAFGambler

SAFGambler Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Love the ARIA buffet hope it opens soon, when it opens hope it brings back the day pass that was awesome $60 (if I remember correctly) for the whole day and you get to cut the line after the first visit. I was there when it open @7 am and closed it out @10 PM... ahh the good ole days.

First time at Aria
    • Like Like x 1
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  17. Kachow

Kachow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That is one hell of a deal. Never heard of that and I doubt it will be back but that would an awesome option and a tremendous value.

Adding a couple days to the trip.
  18. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Everything is still too much in flux to rely much on the websites for accurate predictions about future offerings.

I've only eaten at the Aria Buffet a couple times and both were on MyVegas rewards. I'm not a huge fan of buffets in general, because I see people being gross in them all the time. :) I thought the food was fine. I LOVED the tiny little copper pans they served some dishes in. I really wanted a couple of them to "accidentally" fall into my purse, but my handlers never let me have any fun. :haha:

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 3
  19. rourou

rourou Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Buffets have usually been my thing for Vegas breakfasts because I can fill up and then not have to worry about lunch. When I stayed at NoMad pre-pandemic, we ate at the Aria buffet every morning, plus I've dined there before when I met friends staying there. I thought it was one of the better MGM buffets. So it would be nice to see it return, altho I am less enthusiastic about buffets right now. Ask me again in a year...

20. Mr Bulldops

Mr Bulldops High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There's a larger trend in general going buffet-less. Just look at the properties that have been rebranded/opened in the last 10 years:
    Not one of them has a buffet. The big companies will likely keep one high-end ones open (Bacchanal, Bellagio), maybe one mid-range (MGM, ???) and then there will be some scattered slop troughs (Circus Circus).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.