1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Aria 2 June 25-27

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Farner, Jul 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Farner

Farner Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Early check in was easy. Mobile check in worked (finally) and I got a room at 11am ($50 early checkin fee). Unfortunately I first was in one of the rooms facing Cosmo. Aria has a confusing layout and only after getting to the room, I realize that the day club over at Marquee will make napping impossible. So I call the front desk. They used to switch me easily by rekeying remotely, but now send new keys via housekeeping (waiting) and were unwilling to change the level of the room. Apparently one now has to sign for the okay to upgrade even by the most trivial amount.
    After getting the second room, which was awful, I went down and chatted with the front desk clerk. It always strikes me as weird that they don’t seem to have any background information about my Mlife status (gold) and even repeatedly asked me if this was my first stay at the Aria.
    One hour later, I am upgraded to a strip view room. Nothing special, but quiet.
    I had $150 free resort credit and supposedly no resort fees (Mlife offer). Upon checkin I asked if this would be automatically removed, I was not assured it would. She frankly said to discuss the credits upon checkout.
    One settled in and enjoyed my buffet, spa reservation, pool time and BJ before dinner at Spago (amazing). I did rinse and repeat the next day, and minus Spago and Spa on my departure day (3pm check out for $50).
    The late checkout was on file on my departure day and I was not double charged for the late check out as last time, but it struck me that the housekeeping team did not seem to get looped in. They kept checking on me, despite the privacy sign and finally I went to the floor supervisor (nice lady) and told her when I would be leaving. She managed to stop the house keepers for knocking on my door.
    I had given up on room service (I can’t wait 40-60 minutes for coffee), but noted that the second level SB is super efficient. They had the line move faster than any other SB that I had seen before.
    Knowing that the departure would be a challenge, I was ready and got my free buffets and some other credits for my total or $150. Getting the resort fees removed was another 10 minutes, but out of principle worth it. The front desk staff was courteous but would not have credited my offer credits without prompting.
    Summary, the Aria is a good hotel and has much to offer (pool, buffet, spa, decent room and gaming). When MGM sends their offers for resort credit etc, I should be automatically removed from my bill. The long discussion about the things that I only insisted on because they offered them to me in the first place, was unfortunate.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Richard Alpert

Richard Alpert LOST

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would like to give their buffet a try on my next trip.

Sounds like you had a pretty good stay!
    Thanks for sharing your observations!

RICHARD

3. jmiller31

jmiller31 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's funny that you got early checkin and a room. We've been going to Aria since it opened and it seems any time we have a regular king room we always have to wait for a room even if we show up well after 3pm. This is going to sound snobish but we're platinum and you would think they would make sure the room is ready when you are expeted. This weekend was a perfect example, we showed up at almost 4pm, were quickly taken care of at the invited guest line and then get told that no king rooms are clean, we weren't even asking for a strip view, high floor or anything just a regular king room. The only room they had was an accessible one, which we took because we didn't want to wait. That was a mistake we won't repeat but that's life.

Interestingly anytime we've reserved a corner suite we've never had a problem with the room being ready. So one of the lessor common rooms is always available and the most common room is almost never?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Farner

Farner Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had a similar experience with the Sky Suites. The rooms were always ready for my scheduled arrival, as early as noon. For those special rooms (Tower and Sky) they seem to reserve a specific room for you and will have it ready at the time stated. The problem in these cases is that there is no late checkout option (hence the room ready when you arrive).

5. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love, love, love Aria, and it's one of our home bases.

BUT I have had the same problem with housekeeping knocking to clean the room (on our last three trips), despite the DND red light. It's happened almost DAILY.

I now bring post it notes when I stay at Aria. If I am sleeping late or have late checkout, I now also leave a nice note on the door requesting DND. That has helped.

The housekeeping staff is always nice and hard-working....I am guessing it's a push from management to "check" on rooms? Not for safety, but maybe people have left DND and complained when their room isn't cleaned. (Just have housekeeping leave the "we were here, call us if you want us" sign instead of ignoring the DND!)

Who knows why, but this is my ONLY pet peeve at Aria...the "do not disturb....except for a daily knock" issue!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.