1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Are you a hotel party pooper?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Ezzy711, Sep 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NickG

NickG Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Why not just wear earplugs? At one point, I bought a box of 200 pairs of earplugs and now always have some with me. The come in handy in all sorts of places.

2. kittenhead

kittenhead Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A friend of mine works in the automotive industry and went to Detroit on business, stayed in some hotel. So at some point during the night a guy and girl are having a screaming fight in their room. My friend hears it and then hears one of them leave the room and go in the hall. Minutes pass and there’s this banging on her door. BAM...BAM...BAM...she hops up and looks out the peephole and there’s the guy, completely naked, roundhouse kicking her door. He thinks it’s his room and wants back in. My friend is a woman in the room alone, mind you. She calls security, explains what’s going on, they come up and he tells them it’s his room. She’s yelling “he’s not with me!” And security OPENS her door and let him in! Then he realized she’s not his girlfriend and thought SHE broke in HIS ROOM! Eventually it was worked out but they let the guy back in the room with his girlfriend, and my friend had to argue with a naked man on drugs. That’s...that’s a bad hotel night.

• Wow! Wow! x 7
  3. mercr350

mercr350 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You did nothing wrong. If you want to party there are other places to do it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ah Detroit...good times...

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's a child's hockey team at an out of town tournament here in Canada. Kids running loose. Parents smoking and drinking in the hallway because the rooms are non smoking. Insanity. I started the habit of asking them if there's a sports team staying that night. If yes....no thank you.

• Like Like x 1
  6. LKG276

LKG276 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Always call and complain no matter where I'm staying, this type of shit will continue to manifest itself unless people complain to security. Every time people get away with being asses they keep doing it to the point that's its considered the norm. Don't look away and be part of the problem, fix it by complaining- keep civility alive!

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. booker

booker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Award for Party Pooper of the Year goes to two women I know. They are sisters-in-law who went to Vegas together. The first night the couple in the next room had boisterous sex, headboard banging on the wall for what they said was a long time, stopped, then it repeated. The second night the same thing happened … until one of the women banged on the wall and shouted, "Would you hurry up and finish!! We're trying to sleep in here!" They reported that the shouting stopped, the headboard banging picked up pace, but only for a very short time. Hehehe.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  8. 3OfDiamonds

3OfDiamonds Vegas is Fabulous When You Degen Responsibly ;)

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cue scene next door:

upload_2020-9-12_21-2-48.gif

• Funny Funny x 7
  9. rourou

rourou Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Loud talking from a room is one thing, and I’ve been with friends who are guilty of that (we got the security knock once :nono:.) But anything out in the hallway that is more than just a minute or two of loud people trying to find their room, and I’m calling to complain, no matter where it is. BTW, I stayed at NoMad last summer and it was the quietest hotel floor I’ve ever been on in Vegas. We were near the elevator, but I never heard any noise from the hall.

10. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hotel rooms are for sleeping and making the sweet love. I will not call the front desk if I hear the making of the sweet love or snoring. Ragers...no...

11. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh, hotel rooms are also for sleeping off hangovers.

Sacred stuff. Honestly. Don't mess with the sanctity of the hotel room and hallways. Bad juju upon you if you do.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Johnzimbo

Johnzimbo VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Only called security once, years ago at El Cortez tower rooms. Some people were having a gathering in the hallway (it sounded like...very loud and inconsiderate). I called the front desk and reported it, they asked my room # and also what room the party was in. Told them I wasn't sure but it sounds like they are in the hallway. 15 minutes later right outside my door I hear security's walkie talkie stating at like 120 decibels "NOISE COMPLAINT REPORTED FROM ROOM 1022" (our room!). Great...now these party animals know that it was us who complained.

Thankfully they stopped their party and weren't vengeful

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Joe Strummer

Joe Strummer VIP Whale

Yeh,.....I was gonna post John's thought -
    I never bang on the adjoining door or
    give away which room I'M occupying.
    That just sets you up for retaliation.
    It wasn't a party -
    But I had 2 people on the other side of my
    adjoining door - who yelled - as they spoke to each other.
    It wasn't an argument......it was just yelling - instead of talking.
    And don't get me started with the people who leave their room
    with their TV BLASTING for hours !

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. pressitagain

pressitagain VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I’m going to apologize on behalf of ALL the hockey (soccer) parents.

I spent the better part of 9 years of my life driving across the north eastern part of Canada and the U.S for those particular reasons. Hotel stays were the closest thing most of us had to a vacation....LOL. I’m glad it’s all over....

• Like Like x 2
  15. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The adult teams were far worse than the youth teams :)

Christmas at Cosmo
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. HornHighCraps

HornHighCraps Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This happened to me in Vegas just last year. Was staying at NoMad and was woken up in the early morning hours by a woman moaning and eventually screaming. I didn’t hear anything from her partner but it sounded like they knew what they were doing and she was enjoying it.

I used to travel a lot for work and have stayed in hotels all across the country but that was a first for me. Of course, in this case, I didn’t call security. I just laid there and listened to the show. ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Some darn good advice there.

If we do not take action, they will assume it is acceptable, and keep doing it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. booker

booker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @pressitagain, a buddy of mine played for 18 years on a traveling hocking teams and the stories he tells … As a goalie, he has only a few teeth that have not been knocked out, a beard to cover the huge skate laceration scar on his face, fingers that go every which way, along with the obligatory knee replacements. But, oh, the stories. Remember the upstairs sports bar at the old Las Vegas Club? There was a photo of him hanging up there. He was so proud of that.

• Like Like x 3
  19. kittenhead

kittenhead Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The age group of people doing this definitely doesn’t think anything is wrong with it. It seems to be younger people having large groups in their rooms that end up partying in the hall and whatnot. That’s what the kids do with AirBNB’s too, they treat vacation rentals like their private residence and then party like Motley Crue did in the 80s.

But the vacation rental sector has tightened up on that stuff for the most part and you know what’s cheaper than 10 friends renting a McMansion for a weekend? Those same friends sharing the cost of one room and then tweeting to all their tweet-head friends to come get litty titty.

I’m getting old. But it’s the truth!

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. 3OfDiamonds

3OfDiamonds Vegas is Fabulous When You Degen Responsibly ;)

Trips to Las Vegas:
    lol Twitter is *so* old :p The cool kids are probably using WhatsApp, Signal, etc. ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.