1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Are shows still running?

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by Fordie, Jun 15, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rhinoman7

rhinoman7 Whale-wannabe

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just checked on the Carrot Top situation for our show next month, and they are now blocking off seats throughout the theater for social distancing. Will be interesting to see if this show still happens!

2. rhinoman7

rhinoman7 Whale-wannabe

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just got the official cancellation of the Carrot Top show for my trip next month. :cry:

Looks like all mLife shows are cancelled at least through the end of August.

3. loonytoony

loonytoony VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    any update for Sept shows yet?

4. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No. The daily positivity ratio in Nevada is still over 10%. To stay in Phase 2, they need to get it below 7%. I have no idea how they get to Phase 3 (when shows can open) by September.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. vegasmann

vegasmann Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I guess they might not open till 2021

6. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think that's probably right.

On a related note, some of the clubs are open during the day and/or at night, with very limited capacity, social distancing, and no big-name DJs. The Marquee pool is open at night on Fridays and Saturdays, for example, but (1) it's Cosmo, so I'm not surprised they're pushing limits, and (2) all they're advertising is "live DJs". I imagine the economics still work if it's just bottle service and a random DJ, since they don't need to pay much for talent or staff.

7. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This kinda confuses me. Around here you don't get tested unless you're suspected of having the virus. Again around here, we're not encouraged to go get tested just for the heck of it.

8. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There are a lot of areas of the country that require exposure to a known positive person or symptoms to get tested. I don't want to derail this thread, but here is the info about Nevada.

I tend to track the positivity ratio because it's recommended as a general guide. It's not perfect as a lower number of tests can skew the daily number higher, but the 7 or 14 day average tends to balance out a bit more. (Look at the daily numbers reported by Nevada Independent in my sticky thread to see the difference between those numbers.)

Nevada has three criteria for measuring how they are doing with the virus as it pertains to the degree that businesses can be open. Here they are:
    • Average Number of Tests per Day: this is the average number of cases resulted during the previous week in a county, divided by the number of people living in the county. This number is then multiplied by 100,000 to control for varying populations in counties. Counties that average fewer than 150 tests per day will meet this elevated disease transmission risk criteria.
    • Case Rate: this is the total number of cases diagnosed as positive and reported over a two-week period divided by the number of people living in the county. This number is then multiplied by 100,000 to control for varying populations in counties. Counties with a case rate higher than 100 will meet this elevated disease transmission risk criteria.
    • Test Positivity: this is the total number of cases diagnosed as positive averaged over a 7-day period, with a 7-day lag, divided by the number of people living in the county. Counties that have a case rate higher than 25 and a test positivity rate higher than 7 percent will meet this elevated disease transmission risk criteria.
    Counties that fail to meet two of the three of those criteria currently have bars closed. In order to open them, they need to meet 2 of the 3, and for more openings, need to meet all three. So far, Clark County doesn't.

I hope that explains it better. If not, in order to prevent further derailing this thread, feel free to send me and PM and I'll try to clarify or find links to help.

• Like Like x 1
  9. addicted

addicted Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm curious about what the performers are doing for income.

Can they get unemployment for an entire year? I'm not sure what else they would be doing for work...seems like a niche job market

10. golfer1903

golfer1903 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In Akron Ohio there is a comedy club running shows every weekend . That’s why I don’t understand why vegas can’t or even other clubs in even like Cleveland Ohio

it appears to be the real big name performers are refusing to work?

don’t know the answer but that may be on the right track if the no name clubs are open for the so to speak staving new performers

11. martinr

martinr VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Got a notification of cancellation of my LOVE performance on 9/2. I was actually expecting this before now, but since The Mirage is rumored to be open then, I wasn't sure if the show would still be allowed to open. Oh well, it was through MyVegas so I am not out any money. I have seen it three times anyway so I guess I can't be too upset as if it was going to be my first time.

12. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Large indoor gatherings [eg audiences] are not allowed by the current opening phase in Vegas. It's no mystery why you can't have shows in Vegas right now.

When that changes, there will be an announcement. For now.....

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.