1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Ardee's Animated Adventures in Vegas--*live* 7/7-7/9

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by ardee, Jul 6, 2019.

1. Drewm1972

Drewm1972 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @ardee are you guys still in town or did you leave? My wife and I we arrived today staying at aria if possible we would love to meet up!!!

• Love Love x 2
  2. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Please tell Mr. Ardee that I'm sorry if Typhoid Sonya was the one who gave him Vegas Plague. :(

So great to see you both again. What an amazing trip. Sorry I crashed and burned at the end.

• Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 2
  3. ardee

ardee It's only money.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    He's fine now. It was me by the time we got home. Was nursing some allergy symptoms with a blockage in my left ear (eustachian tube).
    Thought I could tough it out but by Monday afternoon I was feeling rundown with an achy ear and jaw.
    I'll be okay...just need to take the medicines needed and get back on the health-train instead of the Vegas one that can run you down a bit.
    Not your fault, Sonya. I'm just glad we didn't kill ya, is all. Hope you're feeling better and I'm glad you had a good trip. :beer:

• Like Like x 4
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  4. ardee

ardee It's only money.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We sure would love to meet up one day, @Drewm1972.
    We're back home now. I hope you and your wife have a fantastic trip!

• Like Like x 1
  5. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Glad half of @ardee is feeling better...hope the other half gets well soon!

But at least your sacrifices were not in vain: we all got to enjoy another great TR :clap: without catching the plague! Thanks for taking us along.

• Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. amk121

amk121 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hopefully you will feel better soon! I tend to get that too..which is a pain, but at least meds can help!

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  7. ardee

ardee It's only money.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hubster Summary: This is without a doubt the lightest gaming trip to Vegas I have taken in decades. It was also one of the most fun trips we've had.
    It's all in who you are with. :beer:

Nothing amps up the old Righteousness meter than seeing traffic backed up for miles on the other side of the highway. That was the drive in Sunday. Starving by the time we checked in, food was at the top of my priority list. Luckily, our compatriots for this escapade were hungry as well, so we quickly adjourned to Charlie's for appetizers and burgers and such. The place really has pretty good food all around. The wife misses the matzo ball soup the former Zoozacrackers used to serve, but what are you going to do? :D

It was evident from our placement that we weren't going to be allowed to rub elbows with the serious customers. The walk to our assigned lower-rent villa began to take on the characteristics of a death march. If we had gone about 10 feet further we would have been in Henderson.
    Party prep took the rest of the afternoon. :faint:

As you can tell from the pictures our compatriots have posted, we decorated as only people with no shame can. Food arrived, guests arrived, and we spent the next 4-5 or so hours fascinating each other with our collective wit, charm and grace. That and telling dirty stories about previous trips to Sin City. :ssst:

The next day was the wife and I enjoying room service and a Cosmo slot run.
    Followed by the creeping suspicion that the Vegas plague had somehow pierced our defenses. :cry: Knowing when to fold them, we regrettably canceled the evenings plans and laid low, trying to fool the crud into going easy on us. It worked for me, but the wife was crapped out (and still is, a bit.) As a result, we returned home with the majority of our bankroll untouched, just waiting for another speed run to our favorite home away from home.

Sorry the report sorta petered out, but then...so did we. :oops: Catch everybody on the flipflop. Thanks for following along.

ANIMATEDTHATSALLFOLKS.jpg :wave:

• Like Like x 7
    • Love Love x 6
  8. luck.ofthe.draw

luck.ofthe.draw VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looks like an amazing trip @ardee clan! Sorry I missed you guys by a freakin' day! Next time I'll just skip my flight and drive home. Ha ha ha. Hope you guys enjoy[ed] the wine! :beer:

Sounds like lots of amazing food, laughs with [in my opinion, the best] company were had - and that's what it's all about! :wiggle:

Thanksgiving & VMB adventures! It's a go!
    • Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 2
  9. Mitkraft

Mitkraft VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The wife and I have had that exact same conversation. Same roles and everything.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Over-Fried Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So sorry for getting under the weather, Mr. and Mrs. @ardee . The Vegas crud can be a real bummer for sure. But it's amazing how both of you still soldiered on and were gracious hosts. You made the best of the situation and wisely hunkered down when needed to.

Live to party another day, right?:):beer: And I'm sure there will be many, many of those in the future!

Thanks for posting another great ardee trip report! Take care and get well soon. :wave:

• Love Love x 2
  11. Richard Alpert

Richard Alpert LOST

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @ardee reports are always awesome!
    Sorry to hear about your afflictions, but I appreciate that you shared your adventures with us! Thank you!
    It would be a true honor to party with you someday. :D

RICHARD

• Like Like x 4
    • Love Love x 2
  12. ardee

ardee It's only money.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you @Richard Alpert...but what's this honor you speak of? :confused:
    You know it's ardee here, right? :blink:
    Did you fall down and bump your head or something? :faint:
    Hopefully one day soon, we'll meet up with you and your bride in Vegas and enjoy some fun together.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1