1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

April 25-29 at the Flaming O

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by xizor, May 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xizor

xizor Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

This is my first trip report, so I hope I don't get too long winded. I am a rather recent addition to these boards and tried to use as much advice as I could from these boards into my trip.

The first thing that worked well was checking into the Flaming O at the airport. No line, no problems, quick and easy. They did try to sell me a $6 shuttle ride to the hotel (charged to your hotel bill), however if you do this then all they do is send you outside to get on a Bell Trans shuttle - which sells $5 tickets for the same shuttle. Nice.

Tuesday was a craps night. I played at the Flaming O (boring dealers, no action) and the Barbary Coast (more entertaining dealers, slightly more action). I ended up being up about $20 by the end of the night.

Wednesday was a head south day. The weather was slightly colder than I would have liked - too hot for a jacket, too cold for a short sleeve shirt. So I headed down to the Trop, NYNY, and Monte Carlo for some light table (roulette and craps) and some "try a new slot machine" mucking around. Down about $100 by days end.

Thursday was a right turn day. I left the Flame and headed up to Harrahs, IP, OSheas, Frontier and TI. I was down about $250 when I decided to plunk down in front of a nickel "Turkey Shoot" slot. Kapow- bonus game - total winnings: $384, the most I ever hit on a nickel slot! So I ended the night on an upshot.

Friday led me to the Alladin (because the wife wanted to shop). I was doing so-so at the craps table, when my wife told me to play slots, any slot. She said she kept hitting any machine she tried. So I started wandering around and she was right - for some reason the slots in Alladin were as loose as my waist band on buffet day. I ended up $400 up, my wife about $350.

So we never ended up at any shows. However I did have a prostitute get in my way in front of Paris and state "You know we've been looking for each other all our lives!"

Two observations:
    The police presence on the strip was remarkably increased. Instead of the occasional bike riding cop, there were 5-6 on every corner. And very visible too.
    In spite of that, the strip still seem to empty quickly around 1:00 AM. Even on Friday night, at about 2:00 I was the only non-prostitute or non-dealer in front of Bally's. Just a month ago it would have been 50% tourist, 50% street trash. Funny how one incident really changes things.

That's my report. Hope you didn't fall asleep reading it.

2. Dean Martin

Dean Martin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great TR.....glad you guys had a fun Vegas trip!

When you say protitutes and dealers in front of Bally's...not to be ignorant but by "dealer" did you mean "of cards" or some other "herbs or chemicals"?

PS ~ nice twist on the Flaming O...lol Reminds me of an evening many years ago when....uhh... maybe another time:)

3. dung bug

dung bug Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice report. Thanks for sharing.

4. xizor

xizor Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I meant drug dealers. At least, that is what I think they are selling when I pass by and they say "I got party favors..."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.