1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Apartment/Area Suggestions

Discussion in 'Living in Sin (City that is)' started by BowlerChic2977, May 16, 2017.

1. BowlerChic2977

BowlerChic2977 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi! I am moving to Vegas in July to attend UNLV for my PhD. I do not know the area well and I am trying to find a two bedroom apartment. Does anyone have any suggestions on complexes or areas? I am figuring about 750 max including "pet rent" as I have two cats. I am an older student and pretty quiet. I am not too particular about where I live as I can move the following summer once I get to know the area more. I just need something that is relatively safe and nice. I will have to rent a place sight unseen. Thanks!

2. in4mation808

in4mation808 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I was attending UNLV, I had an apartment on the West side. West Flamingo to be more accurate. It's called Cimarron Apartments. Keep in mind, this was quite a bit ago. I was in a 1-BR that was never rented out before & it was in a new complex at the time. There was no developments further West. But it was far from UNLV. But I did enjoy the time I was there. It was a quiet complex. I believe there is pet rent, which would allow your cats. Good luck in your hunting!

3. DRich2

DRich2 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Assuming you have a car, avoid the areas near UNLV. I would be looking just south or southeast of the airport. Decent areas only about 10 minutes from campus.

4. K-9treatbaker

K-9treatbaker High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Finding a two bedroom for 750.00 that allows cats will be next to impossible. The cats aren't a problem, but rent can be expensive. Unless you are from CA. Then rent is cheap in Vegas.LOL

1 bedrooms are around 750.00-800.00 and pet rent is usually 15.00 per pet.

Rent.com is a good web site to use and crimestoppers.com is another great tool to use, since you have to rent sight un seen.

Good luck on your search and congrats on your PHD.

5. paperposter

paperposter Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    2 bedroom near unlv that's nice wont happen for 750$ .u can get a 1 bedroom that's livable for that or close to 900, the pet will be the problem.

epect 1200 to 1600 for a 2 bedroom that u want to live in.
    rember u can get a dump but its very hot in vegas with no a/c

ps ive lived on the strip in an apt for 6 years now so I search to see what the market is

there are apts on pardise across from hardrock u should look at.thats going to be ur area .

6. vegasbound

vegasbound Moderator

I have to agree 2 bed under $750 will be an extremely hard find, especially so, if safe and nice. One bedroom might be doable. Rents have really gone up the past couple years. You can look on the west side around the Palms. A few are sketchy, but mostly crime is petty, you'll find homeless rummaging through trash, but not much to worry about and location is fantastic. My brother lived in Rancho del Sol, and friends lived in Napoli Apartments and Bella Vita (condo rentals). There are some older complexes down Las Vegas Blvd that were still nice a few years ago, but they are out of your range too.