1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas Anyone trade points for a MGM Gift Card?

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by LV_Bound, Jul 24, 2020.

1. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If so, were you able to use it to pay for the hotel or only restaurants and shops?

2. MaxDenom

MaxDenom Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, I turned in loyalty points for an MGM gift card through my host. I pulled this from the MGM FAQ page:

"The MGM Resorts International Gift Card is accepted at participating destinations' merchant and restaurant outlets listed here. The Gift Card cannot be used to make reservations or advance purchases, such as show tickets or room reservations.Gift Cards may not be used for gaming activities, hotel reservations or advanced purchases, and are not redeemable for cash. See the Cardholder Agreement for a complete list of terms and conditions."

Perhaps you can't use it advance purchases or reservations, but maybe you can use it at check-out to close out your bill. I think I've done that before but can't confirm for sure.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have used my mLife gift cards to clear out charges at the end of a stay. They are regular mLife gift cards.

Well, Canada and Massachusetts are closed, back to Lake Tahoe
    Oh what the heck, I've got vacation and myVegas points to burn. . . .
  4. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ok, thanks.
    I think reading "hotel reservations" was a bit misleading and different from checking out.

5. Scott Morton

Scott Morton Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would have traded points for a gift card but was quoted by my ‘host’ 6million points for $100. No way I’m subjecting myself to that exchange rate!

Will hold out for possible HGS points if the dates fit and other than that, load up on the Konami Free Play every time I travel. Should have enough points now for every trip until I die

• Like Like x 1