1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Anyone play poker at Red Rock?

Discussion in 'The Poker Room' started by TRN, Jul 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NeonTurtle14

NeonTurtle14 Hot Dogs and Buns

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For my upcoming trip, I will be doing 2 nights at Vdara and then 2 nights elsewhere. The second two nights I am considering taking off the strip - either to the Nugget downtown, or possibly trying Red Rock Resort which looks amazing to me in pictures. I wondered if anyone has played 1/2 or 2/5 NLHE at Red Rock and how the action is there (would be on a Sunday and Monday night, if it matters).

Celebrating the better half's 40th! - Rescheduled due to Covid
    • Like Like x 1
  2. zolar31

zolar31 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I went once to check out the property, and yes it is really nice. I went weekday early evening and the 1/2 was horrible. The 2/5 looked a little bit better, but the list was not moving so I eventually left. I know small sample size. I am a downtown guy so I often frequent the Nugget when visiting Las Vegas. The games usually range from decent to very good. They always have multiple games going so you can table change from bad games, and the no cap is nice.

• Like Like x 1
  3. NeonTurtle14

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So hit or miss on a weekday most likely, especially in a slow month. Maybe I'll save RR for a trip with the wife and go downtown.

4. booker

booker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A couple of years ago, I did a couple of days midweek where I played a lot of 1/2. Poker was … okay. There seemed to be a lot of regulars, many of whom were women.

What sticks in my mind was within the span of an hour I got my pocket aces all in preflop verses kings twice versus two different women, both of whom got another king. The next night I got my pocket kings all in preflop against aces and flopped a set.

I liked the property—clean, bright, good restaurants, a nice vive. If you go, do yourself a favor and ask for a room near the elevators which are at at the end of the building. My room was at the other end, half-way to Parhump.

• Like Like x 1
  5. NeonTurtle14

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the tips Booker. I guess if the place is huge it would be nice to shave a little off the long walk.

Funny about KK there. I know sometimes it feels like that happens in one game/table in a night but weird it went on multiple days/tables for you.

The place looks really nice, it's calling my name, but probably too nice for a solo trip.

6. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mate of mine went out there and said it was very, very nice.

I'd agree it would be better for a trip when you have the other half with you, and do the Nugget solo.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.