1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Anyone else live outside of Vegas, but work in Vegas?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by schaffermj, May 15, 2018 at 10:29 AM.

1. schaffermj

schaffermj Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I live in San Diego and I'm the National Sales Manager for a prominent craft brewery here. Our AZ sales rep has been covering Vegas for the past year, but she hasn't been doing a great job...hence me acquiring the Vegas Territory for the time being. So I now spend about a week a month in Vegas working the territory...horrible, I know lol. I was just curious if anyone else is in a similar situation (living/working elsewhere)...

2. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice gig. :) I keep asking my "boss" if I can spend a week a month in Vegas, but she keeps saying that we don't have the funds to cover my travel more than twice a year. She's so mean to me. :haha:

• Funny Funny x 3
  3. eliza

eliza High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Jealous. I might be taking a new job that wants me to move to anywhere in their territory. I'm not interested in any of the cities where they have actually options, so I offered up Vegas as a choice. If it comes through, I'd be on the road 20-25 weeks a year and working from LV the remaining time.

It's a bit bizarre because they have no offices or clients in Vegas and I will have to fly to every job I will be doing. For some inexplicable reason it's really important to them that I live in their territory instead of in the midwest near my family as I'd prefer. I figure Vegas would be fun for a couple of years and maybe once I've proved my worth they'll be more open to me moving.

• Like Like x 1
  4. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For many, many years part of my employment included overseeing a small staff and warehouses in Las Vegas. Along with some other interests I had that necessitated meetings in Las Vegas. I visited for business 1-3 times a month for the better part of 20 years. I learned early on to separate business from pleasure, but I got good at building in a bit of time to enjoy myself and all that the town offers. I spent most of the nineties and early to mid 2000's staying at almost every decent (and some not so decent) property in town. As a Nevada resident, the gambling's not such a big deal to me, but I LOVE the excitement and electricity Las Vegas provides. I NEVER tire of it... though to be fair, I have stayed an entire week in July at 115+ degrees a couple times and wasn't sad to head back north!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Jackpot Johnny

Jackpot Johnny Wynn Fan

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I’m retired now, but when I was working I got at least eight or nine trips a year to Las Vegas for deals and client meetings, nice hotels and all expenses paid. About half the trips on company aircraft. It was tough to beat.

I’ll take retirement, however, where everyday is a free day.

• Like Like x 3
  6. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lotta great, direct flight options outta Las Vegas will make that travel a bit easier. As I’m sure you know, there’s an awful lot of folks and families that rarely deal with The Strip. There a vibrant community that lives there.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. eliza

eliza High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks. I have a good friend from school who comes to the Strip/Downtown about once a year - to meet me for coffee when I'm in. And an aunt and uncle who are in the process of relocating and looking for a place about 15-20 minutes south of the Strip. If the potential job moves forward, I'm sure I'll be posting for advice.

I do think it would be fun to try to string together comp nights and live out of hotels. At least for a while.

8. Jackpot Johnny

Jackpot Johnny Wynn Fan

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I’m sure Mrs. Johnny and I are not the only couple to fantasize about living at Wynn for a year, or keeping a suite there, if we won Powerball. Twenty nights a year does not begin to cover our desire to be there.

I talked to a guy from Spain last year who was finishing up five weeks at Wynn and he said he certainly wasn’t near being tired of it.

If you try for a temporary living arrangement like that, please write a report. I’d love to read about your adventure.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Royal Flusher

Royal Flusher Savvy Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That boss of yours should take a long hard look in the mirror - she'll realize what the right thing to do is here. :D

10. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    :haha: Nah, she's pretty hard-headed and stubborn about allowing her employees to have any fun when there's work to do. Maybe I should look for another job.

11. schaffermj

schaffermj Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, its a win-win for my company with me taking over. I'm only a 4-5 hour drive away and I get rooms UBER cheap if not free most of the time because I'm a M-Life Gold Member (and because of this new position, I'll prob hit Platinum this year).

• Like Like x 1
  12. schaffermj

schaffermj Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You definitely need to be able to separate work and pleasure when it comes to a place like Vegas. I set aside one day/night each trip to go wild and get it out of my system.