1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

anybody else have this problem? cat owner rant-vent

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by LolaDoggie, Jan 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sweetcanadian

sweetcanadian High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I do not have a cat anymore but i do have a 75 pound dog as well who thinks he is a human and a lap dog as well. He drinks from bottles like humans do, sits in chairs, under blankets etc. He is really cute but He can not stand us leaving him at home.

My husband or son can not hug me, he jumps on my back and is completely jealous. I was with him the first week we got him every day as i was not working for a few days and a couple days later i went oot for the night and he drove my son & husband crazy. He stopped potty training completely was crying and what not and they were ready to take him back but soon as i got home he went back to potty training etc. That was when we realized he had seperation anxiety.

We had to get a crate after we came back from florida because he had destroyed a bunch of things even though he was with someone he loved. He adores my brother more than he does us and he even ate a hole in his blanket while he was sleeping. I never wanted to crate train but it made a world of difference and we can leave him out again and he doesn't wreck things anymore. He does stand in front of the door and you have to move him out of the way when you go to leave and you can hear him crying on the other side of the door. He has started going up and sleeping in our bed the last couple months out of the blue when we tell him we are going to work.

I was his "mommy" for a long time (we have had him 2 years now) but this past summer my husband started working a lot longer hours so he would go a full day barely seeing him, just for a couple minutes when he got home, he would have a shower eat and go to bed. After a month or 2 of this our dog became his suck and i was "forgotten" if he was around. As soon as my husband sits on the couch the dog is fully on his lap.

He will not go to bed with him though, he stays up with me. He also will not get up in the middle of the night with me if he has to go to the bathroom, he will make my husband get up because my husband gets up @ 5am when he works so he has it stuck in his head that i am night, he is morning. He always comes back to bed when my husband leaves and soon as my alarm goes off he lays right across my stomach and will not get off which is how he is when my husband gets home. I can not reset the alarm if i am real tired (i set it a couple hours before i work) because he then gets to be a real pain and will not leave me alone I guess that is his cuddling time since he cast me to the wayside lol. Even when my husband is working he lays beside me but not on me like he does with my husband.

2. sweetcanadian

sweetcanadian High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I also forgot to mention that my dog comes to me for everything else. I read him very well and am the only one who really "knows" his wants without having to check each thing like my son & husband do. If he is ready for supper he comes to me, if he wants treats he comes to me and if he wants out he comes to me, other than in the middle of the night.

3. mikenhe

mikenhe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not the cat lover in this house - the wife and kids are. we got a couple of rescues a couple of years ago. The wife and kids take care of all of their needs. yet even so the boy cat will only jump up on my lap - he'll tolerate other people picking him up but I'm the only one he'll go to out of choice.

I don't mind it - I still reckon he's part dog though..

4. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think quite a few cats are part dog. My Josie would drop her favorite toy (glitter balls) at our feet for us to throw. She would then fetch them and drop at our feet again.

We would also hear her downstairs making meowy and growly noises and eventually she would come up the stairs with her "kill" (another glitter ball) and drop it at our feet - looking for praise.

Can you tell I still miss her :)

5. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Our cat goes hunting with my husband - follows him around like a puppy when he's outdoors (once he realized that cat was hunting with him, he started locking her indoors so her ears won't get hurt when the gun goes off. The cat will do the prep work for him though! She'll find something she wants killed but is too big for her to hunt - like a groundhog - and she'll lead my husband to it. Once he figures out what she's going on about, the cat leaves, husband takes care of the offending animal, and the cat comes back out:thumbsup:)

6. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm still doing what I've always done with him. However, since coming here with my "problem" I've tried treating him the way my husband treats him when they play. I've had results. I had no idea he bites so much when he's in play mode. I don't know if I should see this as progress or not. He is coming over to me to play and get picked up more and he lets me cuddle him longer, like up to 45 seconds from 20ish.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.