1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Any way to avoid Mlife online service charge for show tickets?

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by WWGB, May 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WWGB

WWGB Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Several (maybe all) of the show tickets available through the Mlife site have a service charge ($11.99 or more per ticket for the shows I was looking at). Is there any way to avoid this fee? Does it matter if I order by phone?

Also, is the Mlife discount a flat amount, regardless of card tier?

2. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not sure, but I am thinking the service charge if part of the ticketmaster kingdom.

3. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There's a bunch of taxes and fees tacked on. I think the only way you could avoid one of the processing fees would be to purchase in person at the box office. It could vary slightly depending on the specific act.

I don't believe they apply any tier discount to any shows. Everybody gets the same discount on an offer.

4. romeocasido

romeocasido High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do you think if I purchased directly at the hotel box office I could still apply rate offers as well?

5. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, I think you should be able to, I don't see any reason why not. I've never bought them in person at the box office, but I have called the box office phone numbers (it was an MGM Resorts phone number, not Ticketmaster, etc) a couple of times, and they applied a 50% Travelzoo code in one instance and I forget what the other was, some other discount code, possibly a Cirque code. Calling probably gets you into a call center as opposed to the actual physical box office/desk in a hotel, but I imagine they work off the same system.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.