1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Any reason to hang put down town

Discussion in 'Downtown Hotels' started by JerryVO, Aug 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Downstairs at Cal, next to the Main Street Bar, they have quarter Treasure Chest VP machines. Same at MSS, just east of the cashier. I don't recall if they accept bills, but all the payouts are in quarters.

2. Blonde_4_ever

Blonde_4_ever LasVegas4ever.com

Trips to Las Vegas:
  3. Big Tip

Big Tip VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    fixed it for you.

lol

4. Jinx

Jinx VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been someone that stays on the strip for all of my Vegas vacations, my trips downtown have been brief and not always memorable. As most on here have said, it's definitely a different vibe. What I found myself getting caught up in though, is I would typically head DT in the middle of a trip or early on and we'd get down there and try to do too much, too fast. Without having any real feel for the place, since the strip is like home and I could rattle off 10-15 places, I know I could go enjoy myself, it was easy to forget that DT was essentially new to me. Last trip we headed down there and made a conscious effort to just sit down at a bar outside and enjoy a drink for an hour or 2, helped us get a feel for the environment and crowd, and the rest of the night went fine. So much so that I've booked my first 2 night DT stay for my next trip.

So my ultimate advice, give it some time to grow on you, dealing with the crowd down there is different then the strip, take some time to get a feel for it.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.