1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Any one been to the Ali exhibit at the Bellagio??

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by marcianofan, May 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marcianofan

marcianofan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm a big boxing fan, especially from the 70's and 80's guys like Ali, Frazier, Foreman etc. the exhibit at bellagio sounds kinda fun, I always like to go see something new or different when in Vegas, I was just wondering if anyone's seen it and what they thought.....

2. thebig0

thebig0 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will be staying at the B the last week of May and I'm interested in reviews as well.

3. WHITEJACKET73

WHITEJACKET73 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I went to the exhibit a couple of weeks ago. First off, I am not a big boxing fan, but the Bellagio art gallery does such an excellent job with their exhibits that my interest was intrigued. I used a MyVegas voucher (only cost 4,000 points) to obtain a free admission; otherwise the cost is $18 per person. You are provided with a handheld device that allows you to listen to a narrative explaining and giving you some background of each display. I suggest that you bring a set of ear buds to plug into the device for better listening and not having to hold the device while enjoying the exhibit. I spent over an hour looking at the various displays which included some video/audio clips of past fights, various props and memorabilia. I learned a lot of his early life in Louisville and his amateur boxing career. I am old enough to remember the Clay/Liston fights and the controversy following the second one. The exhibit concerns much more than just his boxing exploits, showing a lot of what he did after his boxing career was over. After you are finished viewing the displays, be sure to go next door (between the gallery and the pastry/gelato shop) and watch a video of his various fights, worth the time. This exhibit was interesting, informative and totally worth my valuable Vegas time. You will enjoy it especially if you are a Ali/boxing fan. He was a great boxer and an interesting human being. One last thing; they have an informal "guided tour" at 2 pm each afternoon with a member of the gallery staff explaining and giving information of each display. I hope this information is helpful.

Birthday trip...hopefully
    • Informative Informative x 4
  4. David Grant

David Grant Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will be in Vegas in June. Will go and see this exhibition..
    This is on my wall at home.

Attached Files:

5. marcianofan

marcianofan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This was helpful, thanks

6. JoJoR

JoJoR VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I went to the exhibit this afternoon and it was pretty cool. I think it only took me about 30 minutes to go through (I was also the only one there). If I remember correctly, the audio tour only had 8 segments, compared to 15-20 with other exhibits.

7. vegasmacker

vegasmacker Canadian Ambassador for Sully's Bar

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ive bought an admission to possibly due on my upcoming trip. Sounds interesting

8. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My mother, nieces and I went during our April trip. I'm not a big boxing fan but admire Ali. I thought it was well done and definitely worth the admission. We were in Vegas 7 - 9 days so it was something nice to do for an hour or so that was a break from gambling. We combined that with a trip to the conservatory and finished up with dinner on the patio at Lago!

Celebrating Life, Family + Friends in Our Beloved Vegas + the Great SW
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.