1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Any good bars with live piano?

Discussion in 'Vegas Nightlife' started by Romanova, Jul 9, 2020.

1. Romanova

Romanova Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Any good bars near the strip where I can hear live piano music? Not dueling-piano but just some guy or gal playing the piano while I drown my sorrows or celebrate my luck with a few cold drinks.

I know Petrossian at Bellagio... maybe something a little darker and a little more casual?

Thanks!

2. rooster42000

rooster42000 Brady # 1

Trips to Las Vegas:
    New york, New York

3. Ten_On_The_End

Ten_On_The_End High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You might try Napoleon's Lounge at Paris. From their website...

Located off Le Boulevard, Napoleon’s Lounge is our lively piano bar and lounge boasting vintage Vegas showroom ambiance.

• Like Like x 1
  4. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lobby Bar at Aria has a piano player (or at least did, I haven't been over there at night in a while). Lift Bar has/had live music as well, which sometimes is more of a rock/pop cover band, or acoustic guitar, but there are piano players too.

5. luckydude

luckydude Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    East Side Lounge in Encore has a piano player.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can confirm that Lobby Bar at Aria has had live piano the last couple nights. No specific songs I could place, mostly your prototypical singer/songwriter/folk stuff, but it sounded good. I don't know when exactly the music starts, but there was someone playing as of 7pm both nights when I wandered past. Lift has live music as well, though as mentioned, that tends to vary in terms of instrumentation and style.

7. LV2005

LV2005 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Following. I love live music that isn't of the drunken sing-along variety. I often think it's a shame that my local upscale department store doesn't have a classy bar right by the token piano player. ;)

8. MCann

MCann VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Only live player I saw over 4th of July was Petrossian, but the one at Harrah's said it was open with extremely limited hours. That's more of a dueling piano scene and being a bar, not sure the current state of that. I've seen only dueling piano type stuff at Napolean also, but never went by there since the reopen because ballys was still closed so I had no reason to walk down le boulevard

Beau Rivage booked same day as Luxor. One will win. Leaning Biloxi.
    Vegas or Biloxi. Going somewhere for Labor Day weekend...
  9. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will mostly agree with this, but drunkenly singing along with "Piano Man" is a time-honored tradition in my culture. See also, "Don't Stop Believing".

Putting aside the regular background piano players that Petrossian or Lobby Bar have, there are some interesting acts out there. Mizuya used to have random rock groups, and Lift Bar will often have some cool stuff as well. If we're talking places that book bigger names, House of Blues is probably one of my favorite venues in the world; it's like if they took Terminal 5 and made it actually kind of nice. I saw Matt & Kim there when they were just starting out, same for Ed Sheeran (he was opening for Snow Patrol, if you can believe it), and saw Naked & Famous there before heading downtown for a friends and family show in the back room of a pretty dingy Lower East Side bar.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. LV2005

LV2005 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Believe me, I have sung along to all of the above, as well as "Sweet Caroline" and too many others to count...while nursing my 6th vodka-tonic...in my twenties. Them were the days...I am now graduated on to dirty vodka martini's and quietly harmonizing along to the music under under my breath like a wanna-be nightclub singer. ;)