1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas Any creative options for changing Bonus Nights?

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by markmetin, Jan 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. markmetin

markmetin Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Greetings VMB friends. A few weeks ago I booked 2 mid-week bonus nights at Mandalay Bay for late March, but an unforeseen turn of events will almost certainly prevent me from making that trip. The MyVegas representative made it very clear when I booked the rooms that there’s no way I could get my 135,000 loyalty points back if I had to cancel, so I have no expectations about that. In the worst case I’ll just cancel the rooms and life goes on – no big deal. However, I was wondering if people have had luck with either of the following options:

1. Changing dates to bonus nights sometime in the future – seems this is the easiest option, except it appears that all MGM properties are completely blacked out for April, May, and June, plus I have no idea exactly when I might be back in Vegas anyway. Could I put my booking “on ice” and use it for bonus dates in July, August, or September, once MyVegas releases their new calendar?

2. Changing bonus nights to another MGM property - for example, could I move bonus nights to Mirage, NYNY, or MGM if they have availability, and their loyalty point requirements are less than the 67,500 per night I used for Mandalay Bay? This option would at least give me a bit more flexibility but seems like a longshot.

Again, no big drama if I have to burn these nights completely, as MSS will probably comp my rooms until I’m too old and feeble to throw dice, but a little taste of the strip is nice from time to time.

Thanks in advance for your advice. Cheers and good luck.

2. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They are very particular about the room rewards. I doubt you would have any luck contacting MyVegas again and they getting the points back, but... you may want to try contacting the hotel reservation department and seeing if they can help out. The worst they can say is no.

3. aashleyjc

aashleyjc Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've changed a Bonus night and a regular night reservation at Aria. It was not easy, I spent over 45 minutes on the phone with the rep, and the representative had to get supervisor approval, but they did it.

4. 16gauge

16gauge Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We had a couple of Mirage MyVegas nights reserved and had to cancel the trip. We ended up losing all the points.

We still have a couple hundred thousand LP's each, but probably will not be able to use them as I doubt we will get back to Vegas before they pull the plug on MyVegas (whether they have an official end date, or let it die a slow death by removing/worsening the rewards).

5. saem22

saem22 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can change the nights to use for future dates, but you would not be able to get any points back.

I just had to cancel one night and the representative asked if I wanted to change it to a future date, but I don't live close enough to take advantage of that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.