1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Any Audi drivers?

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by grosx2, Apr 28, 2019.

1. ken2v

ken2v Wish I was in Bend

America's most valuable agricultural expanse
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    OK, you can't blame tire wear on a particular mark. Maybe the selection as OEM but that's not the vehicle itself tearing down the tires. Other than that, it's all good.

2. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm almost 61... bought and leased my shared of vehicles for both myself and the family... never checked out the condition of the frame-rails, but also never had to replace them either. My #2 daughter got a new Chevy Cobalt for her high-school graduation, now that she's graduated from college and earning her own living, she traded it in for an Audi A-3. She absolutely LOVES it and tells me all the time what a huge step up in quality and stability it is from the Cobalt. Of course, it's under warranty and she hasn't has any issues with it and I realize that both vehicles are kinda "entry" level for their respective brands.

• Like Like x 1
  3. ken2v

ken2v Wish I was in Bend

America's most valuable agricultural expanse
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    But an entry-level near-lux brand vehicle (even if one bought a Civic Acura or a Camry Lexus) is still higher up the foot chain than one from the BowTie (nothing against Chevy).

4. Its Only Money

Its Only Money VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I’ve had my A5 coupe for a year. I absolutely love to drive it. I’ve had one oil change and no problems with it at all. Of course i don’t have a ton of miles on it. The car can really get the job done when I need it to. I drive it hard and don’t get the mileage they advertise, but I don’t drive it for economies sake.

It’s a lease and all regular maintenance is covered. I assume, maybe wrongly, that the 36 months I keep it will be worry free. If not then I will probably look somewhere else. If so, I’m already eying the A7. By that time the coupe probably won’t be practical for a growing family.

• Like Like x 3
  5. parallax

parallax Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife had a Q5 for seven years. Assumed she would get another one, but when they updated the car in 2017 she did not like all the changes. She did not like how it handled, acceleration was sluggish, and how the instrument panel had changed. She purchased the Alfa Romeo Stelvio instead and loves it.

6. jcdymowski

jcdymowski Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've had a 2017 S3 for about 2.5 years. 2 oil changes and new tires is all that's been done to it since purchase. I love it...a whole lotta fun to drive.

• Like Like x 1
  7. h0llywood

h0llywood VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My Jaguar FType goes back in September and also eyeing the A7/S7. While my Jag is absolutely beautiful and fun to drive, it’s not practical to have a 2 seater. The A7 looks to bridge the gap of practicality, luxury and fun.

8. AlPal

AlPal Vegas Addict

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Audi builds a great car, but can be expensive beasts once they start needing age related repairs. My advice is to buy new or certified pre owned and sell, give away, or bury it as soon as you start noticing things failing.

Quick trip with my buddy
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Hogman

Hogman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You don’t like the F-pace? It’s a lot like the Macan and Q5 and it’s pretty roomy.

10. grosx2

grosx2 Have fun storming the castle!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Was the Q5 fairly reliable over the 7 years?

11. h0llywood

h0llywood VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like the FPace. I have a Range Rover Velar but Jaguar is a better given it’s complimentary scheduled service. I think if I didn’t do something sporty like the A7 then I wouldn’t get an suv I would want a truck like a Dodge Ram 2500.

12. Its Only Money

Its Only Money VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I drove the FType and just felt claustrophobic in there. Nice car, but I can’t imagine a really big guy driving it. At 6’ 220 I was uncomfortable. Could just be me, I don’t know.

13. azlefty

azlefty VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Never owned an Audi, but my wife did buy a used Kia SUV from an Audi dealership. Because of the license plate frame and insert before our plates arrived, many people asked her how she liked her new Audi. Not bad for $17,000. Also everyone at the dealership was much nicer than at the trailer lot places we have bought other used cars, and free snacks. There were a few cars in the showroom that cost more than several houses we have bought.

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. NewOrleansSlimm

NewOrleansSlimm VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

speaking of not fitting...one of the previous owners of the place I work. His son decided to restore an MG that was sitting around the dealership. the son is 6'5" but average build...when done, he couldnt drive the car with the top up as his chin was even with the top of the windshield frame. lol

15. wormhole

wormhole VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I sat in a friend's Audi TT. He had the driver's seat set up so high.the top of the windshield was even with my eyes, and I am only 5'7". I was surprised, but I did not want mess up his seat settings to see if I could fit better.

16. parallax

parallax Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There may have been one or two minor issues but overall it was reliable.

• Like Like x 1
  17. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would be curious if anyone has put 100,000 or more miles on an Audi. I just think of these brands as the leasing kind along with BMW, Mercedes, Jaguar, Range Rover. Keep it for 36 months/30,000 miles, rinse and repeat.

18. wormhole

wormhole VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mine has 176,000 miles. I own mine. I have never leased a car (used to drive way too many miles per year for a lease).

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. h0llywood

h0llywood VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow congrats on that. How much do you think you’ve put into maintenance during the life of that car?

I’m thinking about buying instead of leasing eventually.

20. wormhole

wormhole VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can't tell you without giving it some thought. I have had 2 repairs in the last 2 years that were original parts failing, crankshaft sensor and fuel pump, that were pricey, but most repairs have been more spread out.