1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Another steakhouse thread

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by DBear, Mar 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How many people for the reservation? You may also call back your favourite the week of.

Opentable is great for planning but ive found in the past for vegas steakhouses it sometimes only lets you book fringe times way out.

Of those ive not seen mentioned try CUT

2. DBear

DBear VIP Bear

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can’t deny that’s how I’m thinking! Just like Kenny in the Soup episode of Seinfeld (not the soup nazi episode), where Seinfeld owes Kenny a meal. Kenny orders soup but says that’s not the meal, soups not a meal. I agree with Seinfeld in that situation where the meal is more about the food, it’s the experience and company as well. So if I have one shot at this, I’m not ordering soup!

Calling Gordon Ramsay Steak didn’t do anything for me. It was clearly a general reservations line for all their properties restaurants, maybe even for all of Caesar’s. Same time options as what’s listed online so that’s a no-go for me.

I’ve thought long and hard, to the point where I feel like just flipping a coin. I have Jean Georges reserved just to have something reserved but may change it. Bazaar Meats was on my short list but it is a bit out there at SLS and we are under time constraints. I did consider Heritage and Ruth Chris’s strongly as well as every other option listed here. Thanks for the suggestions. Will update after my trip.

I will keep an eye on GR to see if new reservations open up closer to the date.

3. Yall

Yall Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll 3rd Andiamo.

4. HurricaneMikey

HurricaneMikey A-List Buffoon

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One of the best meals I ever had in Vegas was at The Palm.

But Delmonico has been on my list forever. Don't rule out Vic & Anthony's at the Nugget, either.

• Like Like x 1
  5. DBear

DBear VIP Bear

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Update - I kept tracking OpenTable at GR Steak. Someone must have cancelled because a more desirable time slot opened up. I quickly snatched it up and will now be eating here this Friday. Thanks again for all the suggestions.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Vegaslife247

Vegaslife247 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I enjoyed the chile rubbed ribeye at Lakeside at the Wynn. Same menu and kitchen as SW with a better atmosphere imo. Something worth checking out.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Lro

Lro Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:

Enjoy and don't forget to leave room for the amazing sticky toffee pudding dessert there! The beef wellington is lovely as well! :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. NPLV

NPLV High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Highly recommend Strip House at PH.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Geogran

Geogran Whooo. Whooo.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You owe us a pic or a very detailed description of the GR meal! :feedme::wave:

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. scribe95

scribe95 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have done Prime and Delmonico. Both wonderful. Prime had better atmosphere but was more expensive. Food was amazing at both, maybe a slight edge to Delmonico.

We are doing Carnevino this time out. Can't wait.

11. DBear

DBear VIP Bear

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As owed, here's some pics. I had the 8oz Wagyu Rib Cap and shared the mac n cheese and brussel sprouts as sides. For dessert, we shared the sticky toffee pudding and the banana tart. Both desserts were excellent. The sticky toffee pudding has a big reputation to live up to given the multitude of online reviews. It was good but the tart was the unexpected hit.

Loved every bite of the meal. The bread came with 4 small pieces for each. The 2 in the middle of the pic were great. I think one had bacon in it, lol. The sides were good although I probably wouldn't order the mac n cheese again. It's good but there's better out there. The brussel sprouts were fantastic though.

I waffled over ordering either the 24oz rib eye or the 8oz wagyu rib cap. Both were the same price so obviously the rib eye would offer the bigger cut but I've never had wagyu and wasn't too hungry (ate well all week) so I chose the 8oz rib cap. Fantastic cut, glad I ordered it.

GR Steak lived up to the hype for me. Glad I went. It's pricey enough that I likely won't rush to get back really soon though. Actually, I did go in hoping for the Beef Wellington but the menu says it requires 45 minutes prep time and we were under time constraints. I looked at the Hell's Kitchen menu and it's offered there too at a lower price but looks the same when looking at pics on Yelp.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 1
  12. Geogran

Geogran Whooo. Whooo.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you so kindly for sharing your dinner choices, especially the dessert pics - usually see the the remnants cause folks sometimes forget to snap the pic before digging in! That banana tart does look scrumptious, and I'm dying to try the sticky toffee pudding. Great looking meal!
    Somehow we never make it to GR cause all our food comps are on the other side of the street at mlife and cosmo, lol, but need to move this up on my to do's.

13. Jack07

Jack07 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Delmonico's is a great choice as is Ruth Chris.

14. Junkyard Hog

Junkyard Hog High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    CUT
    SW
    Delmonico

15. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maybe I'll just start pasting this on Steak threads. A space relative ranking of the Steakhouses I've been to in Vegas. Triple George and above, I'd happily go back.

Attached Files:

• info.png
      info.png
      File size:
      120.3 KB
      Views:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.