1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

ANOTHER Mlife parking question thread, sorry guys!

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Multifarious5, Mar 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I looked around but have not seen this posted, so my apologies if it's been answered already.

We are staying at Aria, and I get free parking Mlife with card status but never need it, as we fly. I booked a room for in-laws at a CET property at the same time we're staying at Aria.

Since we'll be spending a ton of time together, I was going to have my father-in-law park at Aria and just give him my card to use, so it's free. (He never drives in Vegas, just getting to Vegas, and leaving.)

Does he need to present/slide the Mlife card when pulling into the garage, or only when exiting? Do they need ID with the Mlife card? Also, do I need to report the license plate when we sign in?

Finally, any possible repercussions anyone can think of?

Sorry for being a newbie on parking questions, we never drive....so this is uncharted territory for us!

2. tfcoach72

tfcoach72 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've only had to insert card for entry and leaving. Even if attendants are there, they open gate if card is shown. I never needed an ID, just my Mlife card.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. VegasSchemer

VegasSchemer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The cards can take 48 hours to get into the parking system, so be sure to give him one you already have on you. I went to Bellagio earlier this year and parked. Picked up card at mlife desk before playing and brought it to the garage for exiting/paying. It wouldn't read and the attendant said it takes a couple days for a newly minted mlife card to read. It worked out, she had to call in the card. Kind of a ridiculous system if you regularly need workers out there to run it. Others may have had different experiences.

• Informative Informative x 2
  4. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks all! That really helps knowing they just need it when leaving TF. And VS, that is a GREAT tip on giving the card a few days to update.

I know this has been kicked around, and isn't the most glamorous topic, so I really appreciate the insight!!!! :)

5. remmerde

remmerde VMB's Resident Cigar Sommelier

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last trip I used an MLife card printed only 5 minutes before to exit the Mandalay Bay parking.

While you technically only need it at exit, it will be more trouble-free to use it when entering. If you use it upon entering, the system will open the gate for your automatically when you leave (it reads your license plate). Never had any snag doing it that way.

The only snag I've read here is when people take a ticket on entry, then just try to put the MLife card in at exit (without putting in the entry time ticket). That has failed on occasion for some people. It would seem that if you took a ticket at entry, then at exit, you should put that in first, then when it asks for payment card, you put in the MLife card.

But I find using the MLife card at entry is the easiest method.

• Informative Informative x 2
  6. remmerde

remmerde VMB's Resident Cigar Sommelier

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And to answer your other questions...

No you don't need to present any kind of ID. At All.

No you don't need to give the front desk (or anyone) your license plate. The system only uses your license plate as a one-time recognition when you enter the parking lot with the card, in order to automatically lift the gate for you at exit. There is no problem associating multiple cars/plates with a single ID. I have a different rental car every time I visit. It works the same every time.

To answer your implied question: Your father-in-law will have absolutely no problem using your MLife card for parking. :)

7. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks REMM!!!!! That was definitely my implied questions....will it be easy for him. It was also a HUGE help/tup about using the card first time he pulls in. I have an extra card I'll mail to him so he can do this. Thank you, and thanks everyone else!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.