1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Another Mlife ExpressComp question

Discussion in 'Comps' started by easystreet57, May 13, 2017.

1. MiamiDave

MiamiDave Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Because you can get better return on your spent dollars on other credit cards. Thus, you're giving up higher cashback or equivalent purchasing power credits on better cards out there for what? If you're taking 2x points on gas on the Mlife card and I'm getting 3x points on a better rewards card, then youre only getting tier points to show for it. Otherwise, you're giving away money. This, you're paying for tier points.

As an example, if my Chase Freedom were giving 5x points on gas this month and I spent $300 on gas, I would earn $15 in cashback. If I spent that same $300 on the Mlife card, I would have earned the equivalent of $10. Thus, I just paid $5 for the tier status points, because that's all I'm getting for that $5 loss in reward equity.

2. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think the point is, that you are spending money and getting tier points instead of cash back - therefore you are using your CASH back to buy points.

Tier points are generally worth little and in many case - worth nothing.

Personally, once I reach the sign up bonus of 25-50,000 on a card - I then get another one. I almost laugh at people that have been using the same Southwest card for years trying to earn a trip. That is the LONG way around.

• Agree Agree x 1