1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Another MGM resort fee question

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by smerrian, Jun 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smerrian

smerrian View from Bally's

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm diamond level with CZR corp and don't have to pay resort fees when I book a room with them. I'm gold level with MGM. Is there a level with MGM that you no longer get charged resort fees?

2. Its Only Money

Its Only Money VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There is no specific level where MGM waives resort fees. I have been platinum for the last several years and have never paid a resort fee at their properties. There is a thread in the comps section that talks about MLife offers. Those offers with a GA prefix seem to be free of resort fees, those with a GC prefix seem to mean you are expected to pay the resort fees. Regardless the booking will look like you have the resort fee, but upon check-in/out it will not be on your bill. I hope this helps.

3. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, it's not based on tier level, it still comes down to play, if you play enough they comp the resort fee; play a little less, and they don't. It does seem like you can still tell by the offer code. Sometimes they mention in the text of the offer itself whether you have to pay it, but a lot of times they don't.

4. kaeldon23

kaeldon23 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been M-Life Platinum for a few years but like others have said, this doesn't seem to matter. I've found that when I receive comp offers with $150 FP/RC or more, then the resort fees are waived. $100 FP/RC or less, the resort fees are not waived. That being said, I've called the VIP line at a few resorts before to book offers and requested that they waive the resort fees with about 30% success rate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.