1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Another ex football star screwed his life up.

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Jerseyguy2, Feb 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bluesdude

bluesdude VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What about Rugby? I have only seen a couple of matches on TV but those guys hit pretty damn hard without any protection!

Dead & Co with my son! June 4 or 5th - June 8th
  2. Joe Strummer

Joe Strummer VIP Whale

I'm also amazed someone worked that deal out for Iverson !!!
    Great knowledge, getting THAT deal.......as long as the Co. paying it , remains intact ?
    And I still think he might blow that money away.
    Where did you read this UCLA Girl ?

3. queuetee

queuetee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Of course stats are so subjective, but I did read somewhere that a huge percentage...like over 50%...of guys who played in the NFL file for bankruptcy within 5 years of leaving it.

4. UCLAGirl

UCLAGirl High-Roller

It all came out during his divorce proceedings in 2011(?). It was brought up again last year around the time his documentary was released. He said in an interview that he's never been broke, but can sleep well at night knowing that there is money that will be available for him to give to his children around the time that they will be out of college and starting their own lives.

The deal with reebok is a lifelong contract so they may have structured the payments that way to ensure that he wouldn't fall on hard times. He still makes appearances for them. He's also curbed his social outings and seems to just hang around his family, but that's my perception based on their social media posts. If he stays that way for 15 more years then he may use that money more wisely than he would have when his signed the deal in his mid-20's.

5. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Allen Iverson looks at his turds and sees his own image.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.