1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Another 22 days of playing VP and drinking good beer in DT Vegas.

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by wasilla, Mar 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cunningja

cunningja Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome back, good luck on your upcoming trip! Can't wait to follow along.

2. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good luck on your upcoming trip! And hope to read a nice finish!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. FABismonte

FABismonte Tell my wife I am "about even."

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought 4Qs had $1 JOB (and maybe a couple $2 JOB at 9/5). If you can get $2,000 hand pays at JOB, let me know how!

4. mwig

mwig VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They have .25-$1. I play .50 although will dabble at the dollar level periodically.

5. wasilla

wasilla High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hmmmm!!! I kind of pictured getting $2,000 hand pays as my job. We may have to come up with a division of labor.

6. NittyOne

NittyOne VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Enough work to around? Thanks for updating Wasilla, even if a little late.

7. wasilla

wasilla High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    3/2, Monday at 4Q's and last night in vegas

I started playing .50c JOB at 11:40 am. I hit quad 6's a few minutes later and lost my hundred at 12:24.

I moved upstairs to Chicago Brewing for another overflowing mug of delicious Baily's and coffee. The .25c 9/6 DDB progressives were marginal. I played it anyway and lost another $100 at 1:00. I switched to .50c 10/6 DDB and lost a $100 in 9 minutes. As soon as I put a new hundred in, I was dealt three 3's with a kicker. I just held the 3's and the first card out was a 3. I got Q's at 1:26 and lost my $100 at 2:11. I hit 7's at 2:24, 10's at 2:36, 10's again at 3:00, 5's at 3:13. This was a decent run, but I was only up 300 credits.

I had been distracted talking to a beer loving and making couple at the bar. They lived in another part of Vegas, and we got to different places in town. She was the prettiest brewer I had met. The guy high fived me over how remarkable this woman was. She hugged me goodbye. What's covid-19 again? It's amazing how different I'm going to behave on my next trip and how far in the future that trip will be.

At 3:17 I held three 4's and drew the 4th with a kicker. At 3:26, I was dealt 2's with a kicker. Now I had 2030 credits. I hit a dry spell and cashed out a $900 TITO. I lost my new hundred at 4:10 and lost the next hundred at 4:24. I hit Q's at 4:29 and J's at 4:33. I lost the $100 at 5:15. I then lost additional hundreds at 5:27, 5:42, and 5:50.

As fun as it was to hemorrhage hundreds, I checked the .25c progressive and decided to switch to it. I lost my $100 at 6:10. This was my last night and I was back down to about even for the trip. (thanks for the slogan FAB) I then hit 8's for $62.55 at 6:17 and 7's for $64.50 at 6:43, At 7:06 I was dealt Aces for $230.25, but couldn't draw the kicker. I cashed a $300 TITO and was up a whopping $100 for the trip

I had 2 MP's for up to $70 at DTG. I was able to use one on roulette W/O them running my card and won $140 on black.

My 4Q's FP still hadn't loaded, so I went to the desk and a supervisor manually entered it.

I then went to Hugo's to use my food comps, and was told that they were unable to do room charges. I checked Chicago Brewing and they could do room charges. Back down at Hugo's, the manager checked and discovered that she too could do room charges. The place only had a few occupied tables and they had let my favorite waiter off early. The manager was apologetic, but I had nothing but respect and sympathy for those employees trying to work through the IT crash. I have no idea what I ordered.

I was back to CB at 10:00 pm with $300 FP playing .50c 10/6 DDB. I lost $150 FP just washing the $300. At 10:55 I had a pair of 3's and 5 credits left from my FP. I drew another pair of 3's with a kicker for $400. I hit J's at 10:59 and had $530 in credits on my machine. I lost it all at 11:56 pm.

After 3 weeks I felt fine with leaving Vegas "about even". I switched to quarters and drew a 4th ace with a kicker for $509 at 12:06 am. I cashed out when my TITO dropped to $500.

I leave tomorrow afternoon and have a bit more gambling to do before I go.

• Like Like x 3
  8. FABismonte

FABismonte Tell my wife I am "about even."

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @wasilla after three weeks of comped food, comped beer, and comped rooms if you are even within the zip code of leaving with the same amount of cash in your wallet, I think it is more than just being "about even."

I love reading about your adventures. I hope all the IT issues at Binions and Four Queens have been resolved.

FAB

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. wasilla

wasilla High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agreed. Though I do sometimes need an attitude adjustment after I hit a progressive SF for $63 that had been up to several hundred a few minutes earlier.

10. wasilla

wasilla High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    3/3 Leaving Las Vegas

I have an afternoon flight and got a 1:00 pm check out. I'm going use offers at D, GG, and DTG. Hopefully I'll do this W/O triggering a gaming day.
    I lost a $70 MP on black at DTG W/O having my card ran.
    I turned $75 FP into $60 at the long Bar in the D. I had mistakenly played their BP.
    I turned $50 FP into $66 at the GG bar playing ACES Bonus. I also enjoyed a last Breakfast Stout.
    I went to Chicago Brewing for a last pizza. I decided to try FAB's drink of root beer and Vanilla vodka. It's both sweet and delicious. I played .25c DDB w/o a card to get my drinks comped. I lost my first $20, decided to play a bit more, and hit 3's. I cashed out up $60.25.

I left Vegas with an extra $646. For most of my 3 weeks, the gambling went bad. I did manage to hit my first D Royal which had grown to the just under W2 sweet spot, and had a phenomenal 10,000 credit win playing quarter DDB at Chicago brewing. Even so, I would have lost money w/o FP.

I caught the WAX to the airport. My credit card gives my access to The Club lounges. Both the food and the beer had improved. The chicken curry was pretty good. I washed it down with a Great Basin Icy IPA and another brewer's Milk Stout.

I think that both legs back to Anchorage were 1st class upgrades. I arrived in Anchorage in the wee hours of the morning. I have hernia surgery scheduled early the next morning. Turns out that I have to go to the ER today for preop xrays and bloodwork. I'm tired and its looking like a long day.

I'm still 50 miles from home on a work day. I'd normally nap until the buses were running, but decided to catch a cab to the bus station to catch the first morning bus to Wasilla. It was cold and the transit center was closed. I had a light jacket, but a swirling wind picked up off the water and I had to constantly pace to keep from shivering. Those morning commuter buses are not used to outgoing passengers and I barely got to the door before he was leaving. I was the only passenger and the bus had no discernable heat source. The driver was kind enough to drop me at a closer stop than the one he normally uses. Unfortunately, my ride didn't notice the change, so I had to wait awhile. My car battery was dead when I got home. Eventually I made my preop responsibilities and chilled.

The operation went well and I didn't need any of my pain meds. I started writing this trip report during my recovery, stopped writing, and now I've finished it. I'll try to be more timely in the future.

I'm headed back to Vegas tomorrow morning.

• Like Like x 6
    • Love Love x 1
  11. GamblingGolfer

GamblingGolfer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for finishing and glad the surgery went well. Good luck on your upcoming trip.

GG

12. number5sports

number5sports Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It is great to hear that the rest of the trip and surgery went well. Thank you so much for taking the time to write these trip reports. They are some of my favorites! Stay well and good luck!

13. 3OfDiamonds

3OfDiamonds Waiting For “Very Good” Video Poker @ Rio…

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the TR :thumbsup: Glad the surgery went well - wishing good luck and good health for your trip :)

14. shermanleroy

shermanleroy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Glad to hear your surgery went well & you are back in Vegas!! Thanks for the trip report. Looking forward to reading your new one!!

15. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice report! Thanks for taking the time to write it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.