1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Anniversary Dinner

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by garrman, Jan 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. garrman

garrman Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey All,

Looking for restaurant recommendations for my wife and my 20th wedding anniversary. Cost isn't an issue.

Things that we enjoy:

- Steak
    - Lobster bisque
    - Risotto

I've eaten at Delmonico Steakhouse in The Venetian and they did a great job with the steak and bisque.

Thanks in advance!

2. Drewm1972

Drewm1972 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I tried the Cut steak house over at Palzzo couple times and it was excellent every time.

3. rgrif57

rgrif57 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Michelle and I ate at Strip House at Planet Hollywood on the 30th (wrote up a report on it), and loved the steaks. The table next to us has a few lobster dishes and they sounded like they loved it. We are not seafood eaters but we will definitely go back for the steaks...........Rick

4. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can't beat Alize at Palms for atmosphere and food

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There are a couple of threads on Steak Houses here that might help.

Are you looking for something in or near where you are staying? Willing to cab/uber to somewhere? Driving?

6. garrman

garrman Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Location isn't a concern. I've read through some of the thread and I'm looking through others as well.

7. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I guess it is just a "thing" with us. We don't like having to travel to far for dinner. The trip back somehow takes away from the experience. Just noticed the bottom of your post - looks like you are staying at Orleans. and mid summer?

But, with that said - check out this thread on FINE DINING - totally out of my category. I can not enjoy a meal at those prices. But, to each their own.

We have had great meals on the outside porch at two places at Bellagio. Olives and the Bellagio steakhouse. The location makes it special with the fountains if not too hot. We

We really enjoyed being at Mirage at Stack for lots of small plates.

8. garrman

garrman Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks nostresshere! I'll have a look at the thread.

We've eaten at Olives on the outside porch and it was really nice atmosphere and meal.

9. vegasbound

vegasbound VIP Whale

Joe’s Seafood Prime Steak & Stone Crab will have great steaks and lobster bisque. They do surf & turf quite well. It's one of my go to restaurants.

10. garrman

garrman Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks vegasbound. I was just looking at this place. I've added it to the short list.

11. Geogran

Geogran Whooo. Whooo.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm biased, but we always enjoy Le Cirque at Bellagio for our anniversary and other occasions. Lovely for an anniversary - excellent knowedgeable staff, beautiful setting (ask for fountain view table when making reservation), food and presentation is exceptional.

Le Cirque is not a steak restaurant, but the best risotto IMO, with some great steak choices.
    - prime beef tenderloin, braised veal chops, japanese wagyu beef strip loin. Don't recall lobster bisque on the menu though.

Whichever restaurant you choose - Happy Anniversary and have a wonderful time!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. queuetee

queuetee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have never had better risotto than at LeCirque. It is our favorite restaurant. The servers have all been there from the beginning so the service is flawless..but it is never stuffy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. bu$hman

bu$hman Guppie trying to become a whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I have been hitting Vic & Anthony's (Golden Nugget) for the past 8 years, for our anniversary. We enjoy their fare. Always ask for the upstairs private dining area. Sometimes we get it, sometimes we don't (I will not pay for it.) Disclaimer, we do stay at the Golden Nugget, so that may have a bit of an influence, but not much. Let them know it's your anniversary. Might get you a free dessert.

I concur with Le Cirque, though it's been a few years since I have eaten there. Loved my experience.

Also, I proposed at the Eiffel Tower Restaurant. Ask for a window table (the corner one if you're lucky) and do it near sunset. Experience the sunset as well as the Bellagio fountains. Ask to speak with Lyle Tolhurst.

Best of wishes on your anniversary!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Joejoejackson

Joejoejackson The Max Bet King

Trips to Las Vegas:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.