1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Anniversary Dinner

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Suekel, Apr 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Suekel

Suekel VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In defense of my husband, who really is a great guy, he grew up very poor and eating out in restaurants was a very, very rare treat and even then it would be someplace very casual. Then in his teens and 20's when he had a little money of his own, it was mostly just Mexican, BBQ or burger joints. He just did not grow up being exposed to "dining", and over the years of our marriage he has come a very long way, in large part to make me happy because fancier places just aren't a thing for him. Not that I'm a "fancy" diner by any stretch either, but I do like to class it up at least a little now and then and we've both done well enough in our careers that we can afford to.

As for next week, If I can have a tablecloth, wine and a decent steak I'll be happy, and him being comfortable and relaxed will make me happy too. His latest suggestion is Gallagher's with drinks in the piano bar afterward. I like NYNY so that might work although it's a step down from what I had in mind.

2. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I went back and read the entire thread. I have no recommendations, but I hope we see a meal report after the trip.

A sure way to get bashed on VMB is to even mention Bastista's.

Congrats on the anniversary!

3. weas

weas Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Vegas Deals

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am glad to have company in the "no big boy pants" area. I got over this a long time ago and we have been married 51 years.
    Have a great anniversary dinner.

4. Suekel

Suekel VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    FWIW, he wears pants all the time at home. Although I might argue that I wear THE pants, ha ha. The shorts thing is specific to vacation in warm destinations like Vegas in May.

Thanks for the Anniversary wishes. 20 years sure seems to have gone by fast.

ETA - I almost always do semi-live TR's so I'll be sure to include pics and info for wherever we end up for dinner.

One more ETA - We've eaten at Battista's before. It wasn't horrible or anything, and it wasn't amazing. It's just definitely not what I had in mind for this occasion.

5. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And don't forget The Palm at Caesars. And perhaps not for this dinner but a long-running standard is good old Spago.

6. spdandpwr

spdandpwr VIP Whale

Haha, no need to defend yourself or your husband on here OP. I think I speak for all of us when we're just here to have a good ole time...

That said, I second the idea of putting together a meal report :) I also agree with the recommendation of staying local to the property you're staying at. There's plenty of great stuff. In fact, pH, Bally's, Paris, and Caesar's all offer great dining options. Paris has the most btw (Gordan Rasay, Eiffel Tower, Martorano's, MAG, etc).

Could also step up to Aria as the walk is really manageable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.