1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Anniversary dinner downtown?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Joe, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Kitson kind of hit the nail on the head with his post and I replied, something to the effect of...(too lazy to find quote)
    After 31 years of marriage we would take a nice meal with good service & good value over quiet, dark & romantic. And I don't think I ever said it had to be steak. We like everything.

It's all out of my hands now. I sent my wife about 10 different pdf menus from the downtown places and she'll make the call. The only thing I know for certain is that it won't be sushi.:evillaugh

2. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree - one of the reasons I married my husband is that he "gets" me and our desires in this area are quite similar and have been since the get-go.

It's been a couple days - has the Boss given any feedback yet about where she wants to eat? :cheers:

3. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Honestly, being frugal like me, she is right now saying why don't we just go to Pasta Pirate and have a comped meal!:poke: More money to gamble with.:thumbsup: I'm not steering her any direction right now, but we are like-minded when it comes to spending money on ourselves. Why?

She "retired" (quit) 8 years ago at 52 and I retired at 55 in 2007. No kids which makes a big difference, so we lead a good life and really don't spend that much on ourselves, except for travel and we do dine out locally about 2-3 days/nights per week.

But anywho, the verdict is still not in on dining that night.

4. xmarksx

xmarksx VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Joe, going to Pasta Pirate is still a pretty good choice. I have always thougt it is under appreciated and overlooked. I still remember reading about it in the old Unofficial Guide to Las Vegas back before computers provided our research tools.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.