1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

And off to the Suites in the Sky we go... a TR

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by Slidey1, Aug 7, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jer

Jer “The Walrus has spoken”

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Man, all these TRs with Skysuites pics are seriously making me ponder another try at Aria.

Strong work so far, keep up the excellent reporting! :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 2
  2. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Fantastic! Congrats in every respect! Love the photos of the wins, food and your girlfriend/wife is beautiful! :)

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Love Love x 1
  3. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Were the tables full at $100 ?
    I guess full is 3 at each end.

• Like Like x 1
  4. bshowell

bshowell VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You have got some really beautiful photos. Nicely done!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Slidey1

Slidey1 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep, full and people waiting to play. We played $15 at Linq and considered ourselves lucky to get spots

• Like Like x 1
  6. Slidey1

Slidey1 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Today’s plan was originally to head home but we have a comp at CP, so since sky suites wants $100 for late checkout (1pm), we are bailing and heading over there so we have a place to shower and clean up before heading home. Yes you read that correctly, they want $100 to stay an extra 2 goddamn hours. We will hit the pool at CP and eat something; hopefully add to the stacks of cash we have won already! Service here at Aria and SS has definitely left something to be desired

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Slidey1

Slidey1 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We’d also walked over to Venetian to play a bit, threw $200 into a Wonka and cashed out with this about an hour later

1BB5BD28-4AF9-4455-AFD7-C074751661BF.jpeg

• Like Like x 6
    • Love Love x 2
  8. HighLimitorBust

HighLimitorBust Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice TR! Planning on staying at the Sky Suites end of this month so glad to hear it’s nice and clean.

Think the drop in service quality is partially due to COVID at all or no?

9. Slidey1

Slidey1 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, I feel like there’s just not enough staff and the small things that made me love it so much before are gone. No handwritten welcome notes, reduced service in the lounge, a bit of (perceived by me) surly attitude by some staff we encountered. The cleaning folks were all extremely nice so I left a large tip. Off to Caesars after some snacking

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. seviay

seviay High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for all the pics and info! Good luck the rest of the way. I’ve had too many service issues at Aria for me to want to stay there but I do like the rooms, so that sucks. I just don’t understand how they can’t seem to get their shit together

• Like Like x 1
  11. MrsOooteedee

MrsOooteedee Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    we had similar experience last year after spending a week in the sky suites being charged a lot for a late checkout wasn't expected and we found the service to be pretty poor in comparison to other hotels in Vegas. Its a shame as I loved the room but service doesn't make us want to return.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always received an email survey A couple days after checkout.
    Not sure if that was a Covid casualty but I always sent it in with both positive and negative thoughts.
    I know they followed up because I had dealers and pit bosses thank me for positive comments.
    I was contacted quite a few times after submitting By management.
    Surly staff should be held accountable along with other shortcomings.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Slidey1

Slidey1 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This afternoon was a bit of a blur, got to the pool, got drunk, slept for a while and now we are up and heading to In and Out and a quick drive home. Whilst waiting for the pool my gf hit this bonus! Nice way to end our gambol for the weekend. I’ll finish with final thoughts tomorrow!

463B3459-E4FE-46A3-AC9C-0B39F759C241.jpeg

• Like Like x 10
  14. Drewm1972

Drewm1972 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

Those freaking idiots at mgm would never learn ... they got rid of parking fees trying to bring/draw more people from west coast (not just tourist, a gambling tourist) and there you are.... yet they trying to hit you up for $100 for extra couple of hours stay. Personally I never had bad experience at aria but let’s be real... when you are staying at 4 -5 star hotels “bad service” words shouldn’t even have to mention.

To me everything is about relationships/service that makes want us to come back. ; sorry but I had to vent that out little lol.

Regardless looks like you doing alright on gaming part.. hopefully you have little more fun before leaving :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Historically I’ve had no problem getting late checkouts at Aria, even 6pm through a host. SkySuites seems to be a different story, they want you out of those rooms. I suspect they DONT want the arrival experience to be hampered by the “rooms not ready” song and dance for SS guests. Unfortunately it leaves a bad taste on the way out.

The whole checkin/checkout time in LV has become more of an issue now that the hotel is expected to be profitable on its own. 20 years ago, as an “invited guest”, check in time was the time you arrived, check out time was the time you wanted to leave if you were a hosted/RFB type player. The hotel doesn’t care if you spend an extra 6 hours at the tables. The host does. In certain cases, it makes sense to just go ahead and book an extra night and depart whenever you’re ready to go. Maybe that’s what hosts did back in the day and I didn’t even realize it.

• Like Like x 6
  16. Slidey1

Slidey1 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So, we had an amazing time. Got to In and Out for a delicious dinner for the road, and got home around 1am after a nice drive. Ended up in the positive a couple grand after gambol, room, meals and tips. I had budgeted $1,500 a day so it was nice to come home with plenty of cash.

Some final thoughts:

- MGM will not be getting our return business for a while. I hated having to pay the extra $200 in taxes and fees that could have been used for gambling/food when we didn’t get the same level of service and quality. We love their properties but it’s just not worth the cost currently.
    - Definitely a shift in the people we encountered all trip long. I saw numerous times where patrons just straight up disrespected security about mask compliance, really awful customer service interactions with customers being totally asshats to CX people, and a generally weird vibe.
    - I keep seeing posts about how Vegas is dead. Can’t be further from the truth. Yes, it’s not as crazy busy as it was before, but it’s absolutely not dead. The pools were packed, restaurants are busy, tables are full.
    - For the foreseeable future, masks are life in Vegas. Staff is VERY concerned about getting shut down again. Reasonably so, IMO. Yes it’s annoying, but I’ll take it over having to be stuck in my apartment for months.

thanks to everyone who read and commented. I hope you all can enjoy Vegas again soon as well! A couple parting shots:

9EA0B6E3-13D0-48E2-A1B9-F172CBD8D880.jpeg 5CA28E5A-4FE4-461D-B18D-0FD2365ECD2C.jpeg

• Like Like x 14
    • Love Love x 2
  17. syoung123

syoung123 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    MGM Resorts have always hassled me about late checkouts. I usually am not using all of the offered comp nights on a stay, so I simply just book an extra comp night for the day I want a late checkout now. Front desk was the one that actually gave me that idea, since that was their workaround the first time I encountered the late checkout resistance - makes no sense, but whatever they want me to do.

• Like Like x 2
  18. HighLimitorBust

HighLimitorBust Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I rarely need a late checkout when traveling for work, but it would be nice to have in Vegas when I’m usually taking a 1PM or 2PM flight. If only MGM honored that perk from Hyatt with their partnership...but who am I kidding as that would be valuable!

• Like Like x 1
  19. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great report! Glad you ended up to boot!

• Like Like x 1
  20. sogi311

sogi311 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice report. I have finally decided i am going on a solo trip in November just to defrag a little bit so your trip report has me more excited. Some of them i have seen don't make it out to be much fun but yours has me sold!

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.