1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Allegiant Scair article

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by ken2v, Nov 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zanepro

zanepro Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I took Allegiant from Austin to Vegas twice last year and didn't have any problems but in that time span between 2 months I read about 4 articles about them having emergency landings. If I am on one that goes down I just hope it's on my way back to Austin so I can at least have a good time before I check out. Ronnie Van Zant's last words before getting on the plane 10/20/1977 "If it's your time to go then it's your time to go"

edit: I am flying Allegiant on Friday

2. IM ALL IN

IM ALL IN High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Been two emerg landings, one old CPAir, hydraulic failure on landing gear, dumped fuel, got into BRACE KEEP DOWN mode..other was Allegiant. Our engine blew up. Vegas to Bellingham. We were sooo close to BLI but cause they didn't have mechanics in BLI we had to fly the two hours back to LAS with one engine. (or maybe more, I don't know how many they have) Although we didn't have to get into crash mode, they did say there will be emerg vehicles around and to not be frightened of all the lighting. One unnerving thing was a FA saying to her partner,,,Damn,,they said they FIXED that this week...and then they proceeded to do a verbal to each of us..What did you hear? What time did you hear it? I do NOT like flying Allegiant at all but ...the price...If you can stand 2 hours and 18 minutes in a seat that doesn't recline,,getting YELLED at if you sneak to the bathroom while the FA are serving their carts and pilot still has seatbelt sign on..My trips this year were/are 1 Westjet out of Vancouver, 6 Allegiant and in 3 weeks I paid a little extra to do Alaska out of Bellingham. Hmmmm...omen perhaps.

3. surf87

surf87 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dang I'm flying Allegiant roundtrip from Las Vegas to Honolulu in 2 weeks for the Thanksgiving holiday. That is 2500 miles over the Pacific Ocean with no place to land in case of an emergency. Allegiant was the cheapest at $500 roundtrip whereas all the other carriers were $1000 or more. Oh and the $1000 carriers were from Los Angeles to Honolulu. I live in Los Angeles and would have preferred Los Angeles to Honolulu but to save money I will be detouring from Los Angeles to Las Vegas then onto Honolulu and reversing the process coming home. Maybe I should have just paid the $1000 but wasn't aware of this article until now.

4. IM ALL IN

IM ALL IN High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    https://shar.es/1IChjI - Glad they cancelled flights to Hawaii other than LAS and LA. I would never fly from BLI to Hawaii. Glad they took away the inexpensive teaser in case of a weak moment. Although I take the chance flying BLI to LAS 8 or so times a year.

5. Valgal

Valgal Interesting and rude are not the same thing.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Out of Austin directs with no stops it is SW, Allegiant, and Frontier. We have 3 choices.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.