1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Allegiant Honors - Military/Veterans Discounts

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by SH0CK, Jun 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looks like Allegiant is really going after the travel dollars of Military members and their families. :thumbsup:
    https://www.allegiantair.com/military-discount

Allegiant proudly supports our U.S. active duty military, retired military veterans, members of the National Guard, military reserve and their dependents by offering select free services. Qualifying military personnel and their spouses or dependents, with valid identification, are eligible for the following discounts on Allegiant:

U.S. active duty or reserve duty and National Guard

Requirements:
    • Must serve in any United States branch of military service and have qualifying identification.
    • Must be active personnel; this includes ‘leaves’ while on active duty such as weekend passes, transitioning from one base to another, or temporary duty.
    • Must show valid active military identification (Uniformed Services ID Card).
    Free services offered for U.S. active duty or reserve duty and National Guard:
    • Up to three (3) pieces of checked baggage free. Each bag must weigh under 100 lbs.
    • No charge for oversized checked baggage.
    • One (1) carry-on bag within Allegiant size limits free.
    • Free boarding pass printing at the airport.
    • Free seat assignments, pending availability.
    • Up to one (1) pet in cabin free.
    • Active military may board with priority boarding at no charge.
    • Active military will not be charged a change or cancelation fee due to a change in orders. (To change or cancel an existing reservation active military personnel must contact Customer Care.)
    *All optional items and services can be added to your itinerary at the airport.

Spouses or dependents of U.S. active duty or reserve military and National Guard and U.S. military veterans

Requirements:
    • Veterans must show valid military identification, including:
      • A State Driver’s License which displays a logo or code that denotes military service,
      • A Veteran ID Card, or,
      • DD Form 214
    • Dependents must show a Military Dependent ID Card
    • Please note: Dependents do not have to travel with the active military personnel.
    Free services offered for spouses or dependents of U.S. active duty or reserve military, National Guard and military veterans:
    • Up to three (3) pieces of checked baggage free. Each bag must weigh under 40 lbs.
    • No charge for oversized checked baggage.
    • One (1) carry-on bag within Allegiant size limits free.
    • Free boarding pass printing at the airport.
    • Free seat assignments, pending availability.
    • Up to one (1) pet in cabin free.
    *All optional items and services can be added to your itinerary at the airport.

2. Golfer

Golfer Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is there a way to do this while purchasing tickets online? I reviewed their web-site, and I can't find anything. It sounds like you need to present this at the airport before travel, and then are reimbursed on your credit/debit card?

I emailed Allegiant. If I get an answer, I'll post. But I wouldn't hold your breathe.

3. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just dug this up on their Facebook page about it:
    Also, they allow Vets with proper ID to participate in this. I've update the title of this thread to reflect that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.