1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

After the trip, trip report downtown

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by vpmikey, Aug 19, 2021.

1. vpmikey

vpmikey Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Sitting at the gate in Mccarran waiting to board our flight back home. Just finished three nights at 4Q and two nights at the D.

First, we will talk about crowds. They were much lower than our last trip in June. Maybe about one third less busy. There was no mask mandate in June and the Delta variant was not as common as it is now. The last I noticed in the newspaper was test positivity rate was about 16%. At least this is causing more people to seek out the vaccine. Now, mask wearing. Almost 100% of visitors were wearing masks. Some were wearing them around their neck, some were wearing them connected to just one ear so it just dropped down from the other ear. And some people were not covered while they smoked or drank (me). There were some employees who reminded some people that they needed to mask up. Overall, people did an ok job of masking. But some people just didn’t give a shit. I had one lady come sit at the machine next to me. Her mask was around her neck. After a couple of minutes I politely asked her if she would raise her mask, to which she replied “I’m trying to breath here!”. Then I replied that “I’m trying not to catch the virus here!”. To which she replied, “well, I’m going to smoke a cigarette in a minute.” As much as I wanted to tell her off, I just cashed out and moved to a different machine. There are always a few of those people out there.

Gambling. I really wanted to go in August to play again at the 4Q which had a super Free Play event where you could play for up to $400 in additional Free Play. This has been running for each of the summer months and it ends at the end of August.we were able to come down in June and I really wanted to do it one more time. The other factor was during the Covid times the 4Q had modified their marketing strategy. Whatever tier level you were at, they would bump you up one tier level in marketing offers. That meant I got more FreePlay, and $150 dining voucher for Hugo’s steak house, and an additional $50 in free dining credits. My Sept and Oct marketing offer I received a couple of weeks ago, has put me back down to the Emerald level I was before Covid. So all of that worked out pretty nice. With the offer and the promotion we had $400 worth of free play to use. We ran it through and collected $405. Perfect. The Hugo dinner was great again. And we have more than enough comps earned to last us a while.
    The rest of the gambling was so so. Lost a few hundred playing three days in the 6/9 JOB machines. Now for an interesting point. As I have gotten older (68 now) it is a little more taxing on me to play five or six hours of quarter play to hit my daily target of coin in. SO, I decided last trip that I would move up to the 50 cent level. I’ve got more than enough money to be a dollar player, but I still can’t get my head around the possibility of losing as much as $1,000 a day, so I’ll stay at 50 cent. And it has worked out fine. I can play around four hours and my wife can play five or six hours and we hit our target just fine. And, I was fortunate enough to hit my first 50 cent Royal. I was really thrilled until the tax lady came. Drats! A downside to playing at an above quarter level! After taxes are payed, my $2,000 payday will become somewhere around a $1,700 payoff! What am I doing??? Playing a 95% game?? I’ve got to do some more research here. Anyway, the next day my wife hits a quarter Royal so things couldn’t be much better.

After the 4Q play we went next door to the D. Had a good time playing the 8/5 progressive for about 10k worth with only one set of aces. The bartender we seem to always play with is a guy I think his name is Roy. He is the most sincere, funny, likable bartender that I’ve ever had. We always have fun when he is there.

Transportation. When we arrived on last Saturday afternoon, Uber was charging around $50 to go downtown. So, we ended up taking the CX city bus. It had around eight stops before it dropped us off right behind the D. It was a pleasant 55 minute drive that costed me $1 for each of us. I had started a thread a couple of months ago about taking the bus from the airport to downtown, and that thread has complete info on taking it. I will certainly take it again. I could have done the same for returning to the airport, but Uber was around $19 so I thought I would ‘splurge’.

Food at Magnolias, and Saginaws at Circa we’re both good. Oh, our last trip in June, Magnolias always had a line to get in. This trip there was almost never a line to get in.

Table minimums were $15 for craps almost everywhere. The same for Blackjack, except for some $10 tables at the Fremont.

Well that is most that I can remember. If I think off anything else, I’ll post it, and if anyone has any questions, please let me know.

Bye for now!

• Like Like x 18
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  2. vpmikey

vpmikey Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    upload_2021-8-19_14-8-36.jpeg

• Like Like x 13
    • Love Love x 2
    • Wow! Wow! x 2
  3. FABismonte

FABismonte Tell my wife I am "about even."

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, I have a question. How many points did you earn per day at Four Queens?

4. M0rtyC

M0rtyC TBD

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice trip report. Thanks for the crowd updates

December 2020 ———->2021
  5. Renaldow

Renaldow High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the update! I wanted to eat there in June also but didn't due to the lines. I will definitely try again next time.

6. Jay in Victoria

Jay in Victoria Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice on the two royals. Thanks for posting your trip report!

• Like Like x 1
  7. vpmikey

vpmikey Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We earned around 800 - 920 points a day playing just the JOB machines.

8. BoVegas

BoVegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice report, we say at D & gamble at D & 4Q, , Roy is a cool bartender, Great info.

9. smerrian

smerrian View from Bally's

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congrats on the royals and a successful trip. Yes, having to pay taxes suck. The only thing worse than having to pay taxes is not having to pay taxes.

PHX >> LAS
    Thank You, Wynn
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. MikeOPensacola

MikeOPensacola El Jefe

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sweet draw with the Ten of Hearts. :clap::clap::clap: Great info in the bus and Fremont scene.

:beer: :beer: :beer:

Dec 23rd - Dec 26th
    Last Solo Trip of my bachelorhood. Wedding is set for June 2022.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice report! Congrats on the royal!

12. Tutontow

Tutontow Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the report. Congrats on the royal.

13. CheeseHeadsForever

CheeseHeadsForever Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice trip report. Totally agree with you on Roy, he is the best bartender the D has!

14. tagac27

tagac27 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great report! Congrats on your royal! Thanks for sharing!