1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

after 18 months we finally went to Atlantic City

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Trip Reports' started by nancyf, Jul 16, 2021.

1. nancyf

nancyf VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

We stayed 2 nights in Oceans and 3 nights at Borgata - 4 nights were comp'd and the last night at Borgata was only $59...after all this time I still had offers and free play.
    We had fun at Oceans - went next door to Showboat as they added a huge arcade there--fun time there and anyone from child to adult would enjoy the arcade. We went to Gilchrist at Gardners Basin for breakfast and went to the CrabTrap in Somers Point for dinner a few times. We also ate breakfast at Cafe 500...
    Borgata -I love this place...We ate at the buffet once and it was as fabulous as ever - we also ate dinner at Metropolitan - it was delicious, My husband got the veterans card there (and they gave it to me too) and with that you get 10% off food and free parking - and once you have the veterans thingy on your player card you will never lose those benefits. Anyway, on Sunday (the first day we were at Borgata) they were having one of those giveaways every 20 minutes they call out someone's name and they get $2000. free slot play. My husband, who is never lucky, went up to the room to take a nap while I stayed down playing-- all of a sudden I realized they called hubby's name and you only have 30 minutes to claim your prize -- I called his cell phone - no answer -so I am running to the room to get him and he is just relaxing till I told him he won... we ran downstairs and now he had $2000 to play. We spent alot of time in the high roller room after that. It took 3 days to play it all and in the end Glenn had about $1600. cash to take home.I came home with half the money I brought. We had lots of fun hits but I was so excited that I mostly forgot to take pictures... but I do have a few. IMG_20210623_173438683_PORTRAIT_2 (1).jpg IMG_20210627_193020454_PORTRAIT.jpg IMG_20210628_101740493_PORTRAIT.jpg IMG_20210628_113540835_PORTRAIT.jpg IMG_20210623_182137151_PORTRAIT.jpg IMG_20210623_173438683_PORTRAIT_2 (1).jpg IMG_20210627_193020454_PORTRAIT.jpg

• Like Like x 10
    • Love Love x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. pressitagain

pressitagain VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great way to return!!!

• Like Like x 1
  3. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the report Nancy, sounds like you had a great time and you came back with some of your bankroll. The Crab Trap is one of my all time faves, a classic shore restaurant with a huge menu; meals include a bread basket, salad and two sides. Bartenders who know how to make a Manhattan and serve the “extra” from the shaker in a little beaker.

The view from your room is a timeless beauty.

• Love Love x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. VPDeuces

VPDeuces Dishwasher safe

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yay! Welcome back. Glad you had a good time.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for posting the TR. We are going to Atlantic City for the first time on July 29th.

What's the situation with masks and how crowded was the buffet?
    Ty

6. lithium78

lithium78 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds great. I might give Oceans some play soon. They seem to be doing everything right for their guests.

• Like Like x 1
  7. nancyf

nancyf VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No masks needed... the buffet was full --- we waited about 20 minutes to get in... Its a large buffet and the seating is spacious so even though there was a crowd, it didn't feel like that.