1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Advice on double booked room

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by WHU66, Jun 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WHU66

WHU66 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi, I have booked a flight and room combination for a week in October via Expedia (this was cheaper than paying flights seperately).

I now have a room from Saturday to Friday at Excalibur. I have comped rooms at NYNY (Spa Suite) Sunday to Tuesday and then one night in a Deluxe room at the Link on Wednesday.

My daughter is flying up with her BF on Sunday, so my plan is for my wife and I to stay at Excalibur Saturday night, then move to the other hotels giving my daughter our room for 4 nights, then we have it the last night again (Thursday).

Should I call Excalibur and tell them? Should I just swap room keys and do it myself (but then my daugherk can't charage to room, get fully comped, etc)? Any of you guys that have done this sort of thing before got any guidance/best practice?

Thanks in advance for the help.....

Caesars Virgin
    Vow renwal
  2. Niteshade

Niteshade VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In my experience - if it is a comped room - it needs to stay in your name
    and you should not let them know someone else is staying there without you. I have no
    idea how it works on a paid room through Expedia - but I would think if the
    reservation is in your name - it might be frowned upon to give it away without
    their consent. I think you should not say anything if you are getting all of
    this in your name. The way to make sure they don't get locked out if they lose
    their room key or something - is to add them as an additional person staying with you.

I do not think any of your scenario lends itself to you just giving the room away and letting
    them know you won't be there at all.

3. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So you have all sorts of procedure/policy issues here, hopefully someone in this exact situation will be able to advise. But:

Excal's policy on occupancy appears to be 2 people in a King room and 4 in a Queen Room. If you have a Queen room booked, you should be able to add your daughter's name for charging purposes. You probably can get away with adding her as a 2nd name on a King room - they aren't going to ask for ID from your wife while you're standing there checking in. But then your wife can't charge to the room.

Is anyone going to be playing at Excal enough to worry about getting comps against room charges? They'd have to be playing on your card.

Simply swapping keys and forgetting about room charges and comps, you shouldn't really have much of a problem with. If something goes wrong with the keys, you'll have to go over to Excal yourself to get new ones, but that's not really a disaster.

4. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If it was me, I'd just put my daughter's name on whatever room I plan on letting her stay in and call it a day.

5. smerrian

smerrian View from Bally's

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Only put your name on the room...not your wife's name. Then, when your daughter comes into town go to the front desk with her and add her name as the second in the room with full priviledges of charging to the room. Then both couples are covered. You do have to put up with the limitation that only one person in each couple has the ability to charge to the room but this is how I do it with family/friends when I get them rooms. (I still get two keys to start and then when I add family member I ask for 2 keys for them "in case they lose one".

• Like Like x 1
  6. kel3420

kel3420 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agree with above. Add your daughters name to the reservation when she gets there. Your wife's name should not be on the reservation. Your daughter needs to be on not solely for charging purposes but mainly in case she loses her key or it starts working. The hotel will not help her if her name is not on the reservation. The likelihood of this happening is high when it is like 2 am and you will be sound asleep elsewhere lol

7. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can add daughters name to the reservation when you check in. Wife should stand back while you register - though in a hundred million checkins, nobody ever asked for the ID of someone you add to the reservation.

In the end, there is no reason to even add her name, with two exceptions.
    1 - You give her charging privledges to the room
    or 2 - she gets locked or key is lost and has to get another one.

Otherwise, it does not matter who is in the room.

You mention her getting fully comped? What are your referring to there?

ONE OTHER WARNING.

If I read things right, you are leaving the room on Sunday. If you leave BEFORE she gets there and take all your stuff, the maid might think you checked out. Do not go down that road. You can pack up your stuff, but do not remove it from the room until after your daughter gets there. Leaving a DND on the door should solve this issue, but sometimes the sign gets "lifted" and the maid enters to clean the room.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.