1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Advice on comps please

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Chunkywhln17, Sep 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chunkywhln17

Chunkywhln17 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Live in London so don't get to Vegas often. Last time was about 2 1/2 years ago so assume my gambling history doesn't stand any more?

Going back for 6 days in December. Purely to gamble - and eat.

Contacted my previous host at the Bellagio who is coming back to me with an offer but think I'd like to try the Aria. Have been in touch with a host there and there is no really offer on the table except use of VIP check in etc. Dont really need that as I plan to book a suite anyway.

Last time I think my average bet was about $250 and I play for about 7 hours a day at least. Though let's say 4 hours this time as I'm planning more poker.

Basically I need to find out what I might get for that level of play. I appreciate that the hotels will come me when I leave but I want to get an idea as to what level of room I could book and get comped or what food and spa bill I could run up and the lady at the Aria isn't telling me much.

Any tips please?

Cheers

2. Scottndindy

Scottndindy High-Roller

my recommendation would be to select a standard room therefore your food and drink will be picked up. You said you were planning on booking a suite but that is going to eat a lot of your theo. It all just depends If you are ok chipping in a bit towards your final bill or want everything taken care of. You are in the middle ground where a host can't offer too much without getting in an overcomping situation.

3. Chunkywhln17

Chunkywhln17 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the reply

It doesn't really matter though whether I get room or food and drink picked up. It's the total figure I get that counts to me really. Want a nice room and if they don't cover it all, so be it.

I know I'm in a tricky place. Is it worth bluffing and saying I won't stay somewhere if they don't comp me should I play at an agreed level or does that not work?
    Will they even discuss agreed levels with me?

4. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    if u only play say 4 hours a at 250$ at Aria they will most likely pick up only your room , not a suite a standard room and comp resort fees, also depends if u win or loose alot what else u might get but thats about it. your suite will eat away all your comps.in fact at 4 hours a day depinding on the suite it might not even cover it.u will get more if u come back and get a relationship going with a host.

what did the bellagio host offer up front.

unless u have history with them or they know who u are they wont comp up front, they will say we want 500$ a hand 4 hours to just cover ur suite.u can ask that .but if u lose 20k in 20 minutes everything changes u cant get a percentage coverd that way

5. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Your answer is confusing. NOBODY knows what the total figure will be. You do not know what you will spend. They do not know what you will gamble. Therefore, no answer.

I would take what you can get upfront and hope for the best on the backend. Hope your Bellagio host can look at and recognize your play.

All "back end" offers are risky and at the discretion of the host. Any promises are worth pretty much nothing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.