1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Adding Free-Play offer to existing booking

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Tank45, Jun 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tank45

Tank45 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does anyone know if I can call and have a free-play offer added to a booking I made through the Total Rewards site? The booking is not from an "offer", just the rate calendar for the days I need.

Do I really need to cancel my current booking and rebook with an offer for hotel?

Thanks for any info!

"Work" Trip!
  2. g35girl

g35girl Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If it's the same hotel, you can call and try to add the code. Otherwise you will need to cancel and rebook

3. JR Swift

JR Swift VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do you have a host, even a glorified marketing rep? I was able to tack freeplay and free reward credits onto an existing reservation with an assist from mine.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. easy_money

easy_money High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When you book through the rate calendar, it's a system generated generic code (according to my host). So you will need to either cancel your reservation online and re-book with offer code or call TR and have them do it. Or if you have a host/market rep can always ask them to do it.

5. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    First, go into My Offers and set the dropdown for the hotel to be the same as the one you're booked at.

Then click on the offer Details button and set it to go to the Offer Calendar. Once you're in the offer calendar, advance the month until the date you've already booked are showing. If one or more of those dates displays "Offer Available," you have a good shot. You'll have to call to do it though.

A host should be able to do this no problem, and probably so will a VIP reservations agent (if you're Diamond), they will just swap in the new code. A regular reservations agent may be more likely to want to rebook you which means possibly affecting the rates.

I have seen times where applying an offer with really good throw-ins meant the system wouldn't comp me the nights, because the value of the throw-ins put the total comp value past some threshold. A host/VIP agent will just override that without blinking. A regular agent might have more trouble or be less willing to do it without going offline to ask a supervisor.

6. SuzyQ

SuzyQ Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Chuck2009x - I am Diamond with CET and this VIP reservation number...what is that? Never given to me... can you pass that on to me please?

7. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just posted in your other thread. I end up talking to a VIP rep either because I'm Diamond or there's some other flag on my account. But I never get straight through to one by calling the so-called VIP number - I always end up talking to a regular rep first and then get transferred.

8. Tank45

Tank45 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you all for the info! Sorry I haven't responded, forgot I had asked this. I don't have a host, but will call and just ask. Right now I have all nights comped so wouldn't want that to change. Thanks!

"Work" Trip!
  9. debbie d

debbie d Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    it all depends on what room you have booked, i had a comped suite booked for 5 days then got an offer for the same 5 days but with free play and resort credit , when i tired to rebook they told me they would have to cancel the original offer and book the new one as it did not include a suite

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.