1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Absinthe Vs La Reve

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by justo, May 31, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. justo

justo Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So the wifey and I will be in Vegas in two months and are planning out how to spend our time. We don't do a show every trip and sometimes we do a concert instead but during this coming up date there isn't a whole lot going on. On one of our earliest trips we saw La Reve at the Wynn and and it was so long ago (9ish years) that seeing it again is almost like new, but we've never seen Absinthe and have read mostly good things about it.

So help us make up our minds please :) If we do La Reve we will roll in dinner at Sinatra's which we love and did two years ago (without seeing a show). If we do Absinthe it will be actually new to us but we'll be left to our own devices before/after the show (not that that's a big problem for us, we can have fun anywhere).

2. tallsamoan

tallsamoan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Both are great shows, but the only similarity is that you sit in a circle. Since you've seen La Reve, I spare the details.
    Absinthe is in tight quarters, fun, with below-the-belt humour....if you're easily offended, this may not be for you. Great acts and acrobats on the tinniest of stage. Absinthe is kinda unique and has this small-town circus tent feel. I'd have no problem seeing Absinthe again...just don't sit in one of the front rows, you may get picked on!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am 100% in for a NEW show. Unless you really like a certain show, going again does not make sense. There are so many choices in Vegas. With that said - we do exactly that. Been to LOVE many many times, and going again later this month.

The only other show we have seen more than once is Human Nature - though the repeats were with friends or family.

4. NJS24

NJS24 Voice of Reason

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Absinthe is the only show I’ve seen multiple times in Vegas, and would go again in a second.

The second time was just awesome...Friend and I were upgraded to the very front at no charge. My guess is that it was not a sold out show, and someone noticed we purchased premium drinks there. Performers were on our very table, could not have been closer and really enjoyed it; however, great show no matter where you sit especially since multiple, small stages are used.

5. HuskerBB

HuskerBB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have seen both Absinthe and Le Reve twice. Both are good shows - but they are not similar. Of the two I prefer Absinthe - but again it depends on what you are looking for in a show. Absinthe has acrobatics but it is mostly about raunchy humor. If you are easily offended then don't go - but if you have an open mind about adult humor you will enjoy it.

Lots of great places to eat at Caesars or in that area also. But we try to avoid combining upscale dinners with shows on the same night because we don't want to be rushed at dinner. But someplace like Mesa Grill in Caesars would be a good dinner combination with Absinthe as it usually is not one that takes too long.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. spdandpwr

spdandpwr VIP Whale

La Reve lends itself to being an elegant affair / evening. Absinthe is a really fun experience that lends itself to a fun, festive cuisine. It mostly depends on the vibe you're trying to strike.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Kdiamond

Kdiamond Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have seen Absinthe twice and Le Reve once years ago. Love love love Absinthe and loved it even more the second time.

8. Junkyard Hog

Junkyard Hog High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We liked Le Reve.

We LOVE Absinthe.

9. ericstacey

ericstacey Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought Absinthe was just as good the second time. More than likely if I go back I would see it a third time before seeing anything else

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.