1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Absence, Hearts, Fondness Live 9/28 - Dunno

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by tdhoier, Sep 27, 2017.

1. Gino

Gino "The King of Inappropriate."

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hell yes. I was beginning to worry..Thought maybe you'd od'd or something cool like that.

10 Year Anniversary Trip
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. tdhoier

tdhoier High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    UPM (United Pilot Man) landed the plane with relative ease at 9:25 PM PST.

I had Seat 8D (Aisle) and a nice enough lady sat in the middle seat between my brother and I. "Nice" in the sense that she was pleasant and meant well, but God Gummit if she wasn't annoying as all hell.

A) All three patrons get their own air vent, yes? With an hour left in the flight, this crazy ho turns my vent onto her (and her vent onto her) and asks, "Is it me, or did this plane suddenly get real hot?!?" Yeah, it did for me, mother f'er. Who does that.

B) I'm reading a book. Out of the blue, she turns to me and asks (loudly), "Are you going to one of those dispensaries?"

Do I look like I just took the Red Line in from Skid Row? I mean, of course I'm going to one, but it was so random and I found it an odd question to ask a total stranger...especially since I was reading 'Gringo' and I was deep into a chapter where this International Fugitive from America was boinking some Columbian Strippers.

Gold-Platinum-Noir Express Line wasn't operational here at the Mandalay Bays. I was not happy about this. It's about the only perk I like with this ridiculous program.

The little lady at the check-in was nice, though. Waived Resort Fees and gave me two complimentary passes to the f-ing Dolphin show at The Mirage...or 2 free rides on the roller coaster. Thanks! I'm high rollin' now.

Walked to room without any issues (it can be and has been a challenge in the past).
    Hallway.jpg
    Immediately threw my 60 pound bag onto the bed to make sure my nectar didn't shatter in-flight. All six bottles safe and sound.
    Suitcase.jpg
    Opened up the vodka immediately.
    Vodka.jpg
    Hoping Le Beau can get me Le Buzzed before I venture out. Have never tasted this liquid before and, I must say, whoever is responsible for milking these potatoes from the rolling hills of Fraancay is A-OK. I was breaking out in French upon my first sip. "Es Qui Bueno!"

Life is full of decisions.

What investments fit my financial goals?

What can I do to better my community?

Should I buy drugs from the Hispanic Guy I met at a restroom in Mandalay Place?

It's tough out there...so I'm unsure exactly what I'm going to do when I leave this room in ten minutes.

If I wander around the south end of the Strip or Monorail it down to Harrahs, walk to Wynn and walk back this way, we wear this:
    Shirt1.jpg
    If I want to be mellow and go down to the Double Down to see Stagnetti's Cock play...then maybe hit up the Hooters for some Blackjack and Pabst Blue Ribbons, I go with these guys:
    Shirt2.jpg
    I'll figure it out.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  3. tdhoier

tdhoier High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Wardrobe A but Option B. Alex

4. tdhoier

tdhoier High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Never a dull moment at Double Down.

No energy to elaborate on the Air Force veteran, Saginaw MI or the Santa Fe native with Doub Ds
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Just a random image from outside the bar and an apparent club across from Double Down (I'm all about judging people and the Freezone has some real fucking morons lingering about).

I should try to go in.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 2
  5. tdhoier

tdhoier High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Hard Rock got rid of the fucking guitar?

What else does this property have (aside from a Slayer visit every 18 months)?

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. tdhoier

tdhoier High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is an image never posted on Vegas Message Board.

I think it's open.
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  7. tdhoier

tdhoier High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can you imagine being a young child and ascending to see this Mecca?[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. kevin853

kevin853 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2017
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Gino

Gino "The King of Inappropriate."

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My brothers band opened up for the Circle Jerks in 1985..Great show, They were on the "Wonderful" tour.

Great TR as as always sir. Please show bobs and vagene.

10 Year Anniversary Trip
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  10. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Fuck. Laughing so hard.

Ask for Jello Biafra shots.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Richard Alpert

Richard Alpert LOST

Trips to Las Vegas:
    New #1 on my bucket list! Apparently I've been doing Vegas all wrong! :ssst:
    I've accidentally been to a few happy bars, but never the happiest! :D

Even the drum set has to step out for a breather!
    Or maybe that's for back door rimshots... :eek:

Me too!

RICHARD

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. tdhoier

tdhoier High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ventured to the Hard Rock after drinking through about 4 songs by the Cock boys.

I went in there a couple years ago and wondered what happened to the property. Nothing has changed. Empty and they weren't even playing old Whitesnake tracks.

I sat at a Free bet Blackjack table and won $10 overall (again...I'm a High Roller, guys...it says it right under my avatar). I liked the dealer and a young African American woman sat down with me...giant D boulders being held up by some yarn attached to a fish net. She looked a lot like Milwaukee Bucks LEGEND Greg 'Cadillac' Anderson.

Rock.jpg
    Took a cabbie to the MGM. Sat at a Pai Gow table.
    Pai.jpg
    I think they say that 'They're stereotypes because they're true.'. The two gentlemen at this table greeted me by saying, "Oh, what...we got a white boy over ear?" Two Italian brothers from Brooklyn and...it was just too easy. "What the fuck is this fuckin' game, ear?" At one point the big fella (standing) told the Asian Pit Boss, "Dis fuckin' game...it's bullshit. How you spose to win money in this fuckin' thing? I tell ya what...I'm goin' to play some American games over dare."

Won a smidge over $200. Had a really nice run, but lost my last two $75 hands.

Walked back to the Mandalay. Stopped in the Black Lung (Excal) because my drunk buddy in Colorado implored upon me..."I'm feeling 6 tonight, TD. Bubby Brister, TD.' Put $15 on 6 and the results are what they are.

Rou1.jpg
    Rou2.jpg
    On my way through the Luxor, I took a secret shortcut only us really smart veterans of the game know about and came across a young lady of the night. Drunk for two straight days (or 20 straight years, depending on how you look at it), it seemed she was a beautiful little Asian maiden. She said hello and I did the same while walking away. 50 feet later I thought I needed to go at least talk to her, so I did a U'ey and went back. Turns out she was mulatto (I was drunk and I'm blind)...but very cute.

I did nothing. It's too early into this trip to be diving into that Tom Foolery.

Back at Mandalay, saw my old nemesis.
    Slot.jpg
    I had dreams of $85 G at 4 AM. What a story to tell!

I lost 12 straight spins at $5 a clip, cashed out and did what all of my old girlfriends used to do....hit the machine and screamed "I hate you!"

Made a couple college football bets this morn. Most of my action will be on post 5 PM EST games.

Checking out soon enough. Best friend (Gary Busey) lands in a few hours and it's going to be a very ugly 36 hours.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  13. tdhoier

tdhoier High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    1-0
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  14. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is true. We had a dual bachelorette party that started there. We managed to lose one bachelorette for the night, due to excessive Ass Juice and Bacon Martinis. Double Down tried to kill the other one in the bathroom with an unattached toilet seat. :haha: Good times. :drunk:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  15. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Damn, that's funny! I can totally picture her/him!!!

16. tdhoier

tdhoier High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    1-1
    Both Defensive Coordinators should be deported.
    [​IMG]
    Retrieved the Audi & went to buy myself some reefer products.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    For a job well done, I treated myself to some more Bona Fide, USDA Certified, Grade A vittles. I don't need your fancy schmancy restaurants, Las Vegas.
    [​IMG]
    That's a 2 piece of some Lousiana spicy chicken, some mashed taters & a flaky biscuit, kids.

This place made the Manchu Wok look like a Taco truck in Guatemala.

My favorite beer and first Jackpot of the Trip. I thought I was havin an erotic dream when I gazed upon this price tag.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  17. tdhoier

tdhoier High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Frankies
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  18. fabriano

fabriano Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great report---as usual. I googled Greg "Cadillac" Anderson. I have a good imagination---I can picture her!

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. the nuts

the nuts VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Greg "Cadillac" Anderson!:kill:More references like that is what every TR needs!

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. snoopydogj

snoopydogj Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    tdhoier........the best writer on VMB. U-da-Man!!

• Agree Agree x 3