1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

A VERY short TR . . Reno 2/20/2016. . all things accomplished in 2 hours

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Trip Reports' started by DaiLun, Feb 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

So, this may be a very quick trip. My goals for today (a 24 hour trip) were:

1)Check in for Electronics weekend.
    2)Do a 1000TC day using $1200 In Free Play
    3)Redeem a $90 dining voucher

Well, I got here at about 3PM, by 4:30 I was at 1000TC, $800 up, and checked in for the Electronics Weekend.

My choices were a 32" Sharp TV or a Sony Sound system. I was after the sound system since I'm attending the same promotion next weekend at Harrah's Tahoe. Yes, i know that identical promotions on consecutive weekends is VERY dangerous.

I had only cashed in $200 of the freeplay, so I still have $1000 which doesn't expire until 1/2017.

So now I am sitting in my room deciding how to spend my $90 voucher. Normally, it would be the steakhouse, and I would pack the leftovers to take home. But I'm not sure at this point. I had scheduled to do at least a 2500TC day next weekend, and now I have seed money.

buffalo.jpg

That put me up $800.

So, what to do now? It's a four hour drive home. I guess I'll go downstairs to eat dinner at the buffet, then . . . . .

Suggestions welcome.

2. shellieshoe

shellieshoe Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow!! That was a quick 1000 pts! How many dollars were you playing at a time to get it that fast? - and which machines?
    I need some hints!

BTW! We will be in Tahoe next weekend for our 7 star trip at Tahoe - coming in Saturday and doing the electronic weekend too!
    DH and I would love to meet you. We will be at the diamond lounge at 4:00 on Saturday for a drink and quick snack.

3. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice hit and run!

4. DaiLun

Trips to Las Vegas:
    OK, went downstairs to the buffet and the hostess "insisted" that I build up my bill so I didn't "waste" any of the voucher. So, I "bought" 3 bottles of wine for takeout.

Canyon Road Moscato 2014

Moscato.jpg

Gonna head over to Atlantis for the free play and the Saturday night drawing. Not much free play, but still better than nothing . . . .

5. meyers67

meyers67 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So are you going for the 7 stars renewal this year?

6. DaiLun

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, a change in plans. I ended up making a 2500TC day. Ended up giving back my winnings plus some, but that 2500TC day is out of the way.

Oh well, that's why they call it gambling . . . .

7. Taekkun

Taekkun Tourist

How much of the free play do you still have left?

8. DaiLun

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I started out with $1200 in FP. I originally spent the $200 to be up $800.

I converted the $1000 into about $769 actual cash and spent about $500 of that cash making my 2500TC day.

So, I have about $250-300 cash left "spent" the $1000 FP.

9. DaiLun

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's really gonna depend on where I am in the June time frame. At this time I am really leaning towards it. I am being "spoiled" at Harrahs Reno/Tahoe, and Las Vegas hasn't treated me to shabbily as well.

At Caesars the Flamingo Road valet is very close to the Augustus tower.

I had a discussion with my host about discretionary comps and as long as he/CET stays true to the formula, I'm sold on CET.

Now, the big thing, is how much it's gonna "cost" me. So far this year, I'm within budget, but then again, the year is only two months old. I still have two or three more trips before the end of Q1, and I'm a little below 33% of 7* for 2017.

We'll see . . . . .

10. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED Money’s on the way, with CashNetUSA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd like to know if you're getting 33% of theo, and if they let you know how much your theo is.
    CET just doesn't seem to like video poker players...or at least, not ones who are only 2500TC once a month. ..

11. DaiLun

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, that's what I "negotiated" with my Las Vegas host. The problem has been, that I'm a "cheap date". I won 275,000 RCs in a drawing last year and am still working those off.

I'm down to 90,000 which I will use for my 7* retreat in late March.

After that, we'll see. I'm a 98% slot player so my ADT is easy to calculate. You're primarily a VP player (that I can guess), so your ADT should be easy to calculate as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.