1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

A true square considers edibles

Discussion in 'Vegas After Dark' started by WolfpackRobNC, Aug 29, 2021.

1. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LOL, I was afraid that might go over everyone's heads. :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. pbmeow

pbmeow Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Go "low and slow" like a good barbeque. Most edibles are in portions already, try half, be p a t i e n t. Stick to one strain, do not mix. My boyfriend and I have totally different tolerance levels. He cannot mix indica ("in da couch") and sativa together or else he will have a bad reaction. I happen to be more of a partier. Anyways! Vegas is very appealing to the senses.. Bellagio fountain, over hearing someone two tables away talking about ketchup, pretty lights.. have fun with it and be safe!

October Trip Postponed to December!
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  3. CJ's

CJ's Plumbing the depths of debauchery

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My suggestion would be to try “pucks”, bite one in half and suck it like a pastel. Leave it a good 90 mins till you feel the effect and if you like it give it a tad longer and do the same with the second half or just enjoy your buzz till your ready for a reload.
    I’ve tried the disposable pens and I’m not a fan, they’re harsh and make me cough and I’m a daily vaper
    If you want to smoke and go for a pre roll be VERY CAREFUL. Modern weed is potent and nothing like the stuff from 20-30 years back, don’t be tempted to “just have 2 or 3 puffs”.
    Over here we tend to “cut” weed down with tobacco to make a joint, mainly bcoz getting hold of it can b a pita, to have a pleasant sociable smoke that you can start and stop at your leisure. A pure weed joint can blow your head off, as I can attest to, after a couple of hits. I made this mistake outside the Wynn after visiting Releaf thinking I knew what I was doing and spent 15 mins in the gents spinning my head off practically naked sweating and mumbling to myself “don’t pass out, don’t pass out” :evillaugh::yuck::cry:. Admittedly I had one hell of a buzz on after I managed to get past “throwing a whitey” and a mildly amusing tale to tell of a Vegas experience but those 15 mins weren’t enjoyable
    Just my limited experience but I “smoked” for near 20 years till my lungs couldn’t do it anymore, I still imbibe in Vegas but only there now :thumbsup:

oh yeah remember, as others have mentioned, don’t mix booze and weed they’re not good bedfellows. One or the other and if you do overdo it high sugar drinks are good at diluting the effects, again from my experience in Amsterdam a nice cup of tea with lots of sugar and fresh air :whistle::evillaugh:

Last edited: Aug 30, 2021
    Dam I need this break
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Sam Clemens

Sam Clemens Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @Audible Nectar gives excellent and accurate advice . I would expand on the edibles front as others have said do not get in a hurry for a reaction. That's the biggest trouble people have and the end up high for 2 days, not fun. I smoke,vape or do edibles depending on what commitments I may have later in the day or the next day. Been using edibles since Med. cards came about in Colorado as I have had 3 discs trimmed in my lower and two in my neck. Edibles for me are very effective on pain and I didn't get hooked on OXY so big win there. I can dose 2.5 mg mints and work fine and have less pain. I mostly consume the same way. sativa always, even if i'm sleeping relatively soon after dosing and always eat a bit of something . Milk is great as Audible says but bad for my belly so I just have a snack type food. A big meal just delays and extends the process so not good for me. I metabolize THC slowly so if i have things to do the next day I am mindful of time. That said edibles are my favorite thing for going on a cruise or long stays somewhere on vacation. I dose low ( 10mg) to start and re-dose 2.5 to 5 MG every few hours and I can maintain a great happy feeling and not get stupid or lose motor function. I even play poker just fine, slower LOL but fine. I'm a Bourbon fan and can drink / sip a bit on edibles and vape . But I'm very careful not to over drink plus it kind of ruins the THC buzz. I'm a big fan of a vape pen and QUALITY cartridges. cheap ones suck and you must use more so you save nothing and you are vaping more and that's not so good for the lungs. Vape is easy to control and add dosage if you want more effect and it has a far shorter time commitment then edibles. Perfect for me in Vegas as I tend to drink much less and I don't feel like sh&t the next day. Just my 2 cents. much good info on this thread so for as well.

• Like Like x 1
  5. bull0120

bull0120 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cann Social Tonics may be the answer for you. They are 2.5 mg, per 8 oz. serving. They are delicious (grapefruit rosemary is my favorite) and mix well with a shot of vodka. I would say get you a sixer of that or the Two Roots Sparkling Water (6 mg? for a 12 oz?) and make you a cocktail or two. They hit faster and don't last as long as more traditional edibles.

6. Syringe Monkey

Syringe Monkey Hero of the Baggage Carousel...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Eat one 10 mg gummy. After an hour, maybe eat one more. Drugs are ALL weight based. If you're around 200 pounds, you'll be fine. I was stoned the majority of my trip last week, and before my flight home, I ate 30 mg. CheebaChewed my way across the friendly skies, lol. Wheeeeeeee....!!!!!!

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Asking for a very shy friend who enjoyed hash back in the day. He would stick a pin through a card, then place a cube of hash on the tip, fire it up then put a glass over the top to capture the smoke, then inhale. What do you think would come close?

8. M0rtyC

M0rtyC TBD

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dabbing.

December 2020 ———->2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Syringe Monkey

Syringe Monkey Hero of the Baggage Carousel...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lol we used to call those HUGs. Hash Under Glass.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  10. UnicornTX

UnicornTX High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Picked up this vape pen at Planet 13 in May. Loved it. Brought back a lot of memories. 24E07A89-BBEC-4074-B698-FA1EF249BF61.jpeg
    Hoping they still have it when I’m there in a few weeks.

Daughter’s birthday and ‘tis the season!
    • Like Like x 3
  11. Matty Ice

Matty Ice High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The #1 best piece of advice I can give (from personal experience), DO NOT take a second 10mg gummie because you don't think the first one worked. :goofy:

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  12. BlackJackLife

BlackJackLife Already dreaming of the next trip

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can vouch for this advice! Unfortunately.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agree.

#1 Rule with gummies. Do not think doing more will make it better.

#2 Rule - see #1

Even an experienced person with many years under the belt will agree with that. Been there, done that. You will be CHECKED OUT for many hours and will wake up stll blitzed.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Audible Nectar

Audible Nectar High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

First rule of recreational consumables:

"You can never do less, but you can always do more." It is very much true that there are times where more is better, but you can never "untake" anything that you took; that's a one way proposition which experience will tell you the necessity of always adhering to. You can always wait to take more later, then possibly you'll decide not to.

This is THE reason I avoid edibles on trips to Vegas/similar: Too long of a "time horizon" with edibles/guesswork.

That's the ticket. That's the packaging, though, usually those pens are just about cigarette sized, very discreet and pretty much indistinguishable visually from any other vape. I'm guessing the pen is about the size of the open hole on the right side of that black box. Really sleek. These also "use" discreetly and especially outdoors (at least WRT the vapor, they DO oft have an LED upon the draw), they don't emit these obnoxious clouds, it really is a vapor that's pretty clean and "concentrated" and not like those huge vapor-volcanoes you see people toting around (which are cigarette or large cigar sized). I use rigs like this in major urban centers nationwide, I get the two piece where you buy the battery and screw the oil cartridge on top, but for the Vegas weekend-only vaper/THCer the e-cigs "all-in-one" is so slick that outdoors as it looks just like a regular e-cig, and when emptied just toss the whole thing....easy for the flying tourist.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Here2Learn

Here2Learn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's the thing about edibles, they are a commitment. If the high is too much for you, you're screwed for a few hours lol.

16. finch12

finch12 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Here is my thoughts. The edible train can turn you in to a puddle if you get to much so..... I would stay away from that. I love bud best but..... the convenience of a THC pen is very nice. You can take little hits, be discrete, no mess and simple. They are strong, like todays bud is, so I feel a trip down memory lane might be best done with something predictable, easy and fun. There are great flavors available and one pen can last a whole week for two, depending on how you use it. Enjoy my friend

• Like Like x 1
  17. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

Lol, I smoked a LOT through my 20's and did all sorts of drugs in college, but I quit smoking almost 30 years ago when I moved to the burbs and it was just too expensive and a pain to get.

About 10 years ago I was visiting a friend in LA who had a get together and I took two or three hits of a joint and was a basket case.

The rule with all drugs has always been (ETA: like I now notice @Audible Nectar said):

Until you're used to it, start small. You can always take more, but you can't take any out.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LOL, you can always try drinking gallons of water. :)

Or, at one time they were advertising a CBD product that they said would help come down quicker. Not that I have ever tried it, or had any desire to do so. :) :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. mr.vegas

mr.vegas Peace sells, but who's buying?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Don't do it. It is a gateway drug. First it is 1 edible gummy bear and the next thing you know your at Studio 54 in 1985 doing blow out of Michelle Pfeiffers belly button. Does that really sound like something you could possibly enjoy. This is just a warning your mileage may vary.

DEC 7 - 8
    • Funny Funny x 8
  20. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I THINK we’ve progressed from your assessment. It was just a matter of leaving the bear…..squares are the safe choice now…..
    But I agree; BACK IN THE DAY………:rolleyes: