1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

A Smashing Birthday Celebration and Winning Mega More $$$$ with Great Elation!!! (8/19 to 8/23)

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by Flowers, Aug 18, 2021.

1. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

"I'm alive! I'm alive!" That's what my 88-year old dad said -- really yelled with a smile -- most mornings in the past few weeks after I asked him how he was doing.

My parents, caregivers, middle brother, his kids and I were in Martha's Vineyard recently for two weeks. My dad has dementia but he is a happy person and still knows who I am, enjoys his food and a few times a day is conversational. It's all a blessing.

A year ago today I was driving from NYC to Buffalo, praying that my now 89-year old mother -- who at the time was in a Covid-possible hospital unit (though she didn't have Covid) -- would still be alive be the time I got there. She had pneumonia, congestive heart failure, a temp of 102 and had had a heart attack in the emergency room while waiting to be admitted.

Fast forward to today, exactly a year later, and my mom, relatively healthy and vaccinated, has had two two-week bucket list vacations (Vegas -- I WILL finish that trip report!! Lol -- and Martha's Vineyard) in just the last two months.

These are such stressful times still in so many ways here at home and around the world but as I approach my 57th birthday I remain so grateful and thankful to not only BE alive but to FEEL so full of life!

The icing on the cake is that I am now in my favorite MINT pod, on my favorite airline (Jet Blue) -- oh how I have missed you Jet Blue MINT!! -- feeling good and getting ready to take off for what will be a short, but I hope wonderful, birthday celebration. I actually will enter another year at the stroke of midnight while on the plane, and will be officially a year older when I land in Vegas.

Blessed indeed.

20210818_203605.jpg
    20210818_212552.jpg 20210818_212915.jpg

Let's get this party started!!! :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

The Raiders, Bublé and Richie for an Awesome Las Vegas Quickie!
    • Love Love x 49
    • Like Like x 21
  2. GamblingGolfer

GamblingGolfer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Happy Birthday, youngster! Have a great time in Vegas and best to your family.

GG

• Love Love x 1
  3. VaDreamer

VaDreamer Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sending you birthday and good luck wishes! Have a fantastic trip!

• Love Love x 1
  4. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks GG!

• Love Love x 1
  5. Fet297

Fet297 113 survivor North Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have a great birthday trip! Celebrate life :love:

Wedding Anniversary trip
    • Love Love x 1
  6. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks!! So glad we met in July. Hope all continues to be well with you!

• Love Love x 1
  7. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you and Amen!

8. Mr. Elite

Mr. Elite Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @Flowers Happy Birthday!!! I wish you good luck and I hope you have a wonderful Birthday Celebration!

Mr. Elite

• Love Love x 1
  9. rooster42000

rooster42000 Brady, The Goat of all Goats. repeat LVI- #8

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have a great time in your palace at Wynn's , win lots of handpays, keep the pics coming. Happy Birthday , my girl , will be following every one of your great moments, :headbang: :woohoo:

• Love Love x 1
  10. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    On the gambling front, I am bringing to Vegas the smallest bankroll I have brought in a few years, but it's all good.

I have a set entertainment/vacation/bankroll budget for the year that was crushed in April in what was my worst gambling trip in 30 years though still one of my best Vegas trips, ever.

My June/July trip was not as bad loss wise but was still not great, though that was an otherwise spectacular trip!

I haven't hit my budget for the year but I still have at least 3 trips left this year (late September, Thanksgiving, and holiday time), so I am bringing cash wise for my entire trip about what I would normally budget for one heavy play day. But, thanks to some substantial Wynncore Free Credit tied to my play and those July losses, my Wynn Birthday Free Credit, and free play at V/P and Circa, I have just under 10k in free play for this trip.

So, my PLAN is initially to play a bit more conservatively and turn that 10k into something special. Actually, if after play it through I get most of that back I will be happy and I will play with that and the cash I brought for the trip.

I have been in major caregiver mode for some time and I am looking forward to my beloved Wynncore taking care of ME for four or five days. :)

The line up of activity includes a dip in the pool tomorrow morning (it will actually be a relatively "cool" 97 degrees in Vegas on my birthday), followed by an always awesome 2 1/2 hour massage by Nicole. Dining wise, on deck is Tableau for a late lunch/brunch and my birthday dinner will be at Lakeside, with a Wynn celebration cake I ordered.

@dbueler and I will be hanging throughout and my BFF from law school will be here for a few days. The three of us and my host will be at dinner together at Lakeside and of course I hope to hit big at Wynncore on my birthday.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2021
    • Like Like x 16
    • Love Love x 16
  11. Sparky4

Sparky4 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Happy birthday @Flowers! How wonderful that you were able to to a part of 2 of your moms bucket list events! Hit the ground running and have a great trip!

Judas Priest!!
    GGWU
    • Love Love x 1
  12. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you @Mr. Elite. One of these days I hope we'll meet!

• Love Love x 1
  13. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You're the best rooster. Hope all is well. I already feel you cheering me on. I will try not to disappoint!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wonderful indeed, @Sparky4! Thanks for the good wishes! If I sleep a bit on the plane I may play some of my free play before going to bed. We shall see!

Last edited: Aug 18, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  15. hail2skins

hail2skins VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is Delilah on the agenda for this trip? Are you gonna try to hit the lounge on top of RW?

Have a great trip Flowers! Will enjoy following along.....

• Love Love x 1
  16. rooster42000

rooster42000 Brady, The Goat of all Goats. repeat LVI- #8

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's coming . Lot's of handpays. :headbang: :woohoo:

• Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 3
  17. Jsmile898

Jsmile898 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can't wait to hear more about your trip. Have a great birthday!! I've been reading all these trip reports in prep of my own trip and it makes me excited for everyone else, much less myself.

BTW who is this Nicole you speak of? A unicorn with fairy dust?

• Love Love x 1
  18. Cageet

Cageet new member of the handpay club

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Happy Birthday @Flowers. You always know how to have a good time :)

Thanks again for bringing us along via trip report. I won't be coming out again this year. If I had, it would have been to overlap with your trip. But alas, my offer was below what I'm accustomed to (I'm spoiled, I know!) and my birthday free credit doesn't cover the difference. It's all good. I look at it as rebuilding my bankroll for next year when I will be back with a vengeance.

For now I will sit back and enjoy your reports.

• Love Love x 2
  19. WDMJB

WDMJB Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Many happy returns of the day lady! I know this will be a wonderful trip!

Faa-Laaa-Laaa-la-laaaaah!
    HBD WD!
    • Love Love x 1
  20. Cageet

Cageet new member of the handpay club

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Are you checking in during the middle of the night?? That's one hell of an early check-in (unless it's a late check-in) but of course I'm not surprised given your status with Wynn.:D

• Love Love x 1