1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

A quick trip - May 19-22

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by Sparky4, Jun 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sparky4

Sparky4 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

The JOURNEY began May 19. My non stop left a half hour late but that wasn't a big deal. I met my niece for a quick weekend trip, went home Monday morning. I was on what appeared to be one of SWA's newest planes. I thought I was imagining that there was more leg room in my aisle seat so I took a pic of my shoes as a reference. On the way home on an older plane I didn't think there was as much room.

There were only a couple of firm plans this trip:
    Pool & pina coladas by the pool at Paris
    Dinner Saturday at Ferraro's so we're right across the street from......
    Journey at Hard Rock!
    Spa appointments Sunday at Cosmo
    Dinner @ BLT Steak Sunday using the Travelzoo coupon.

I scheduled a pickup through a guy that used to work for Presidential that now works for something called Loyalty Transportation. He picked us up in a nice Audi crossover and had us to Paris in short time. After unpacking we were hungry and went to Holsteins for burgers and a boozy shake. We should have split the burger. We did split the grasshopper shake though, it was ultra boozy! Next stop, HL slots at Cosmo for some Top Dollar. Hit a couple of bonuses but they weren't big ones. We went back to Ballys and played in the HL but ended up turning in at midnight. We did stop in the HL at Paris before bed to play top dollar and saw a lady win $25,000 on the $5 3x 4x 5x pay machine. We laughed because she didn't seem excited enough. I think I finished up the night up $200.

Saturday morning it was breakfast at MAG on the patio. My niece doesn't like birds but loves eating outside, go figure. Little birds darted all around. We shared the blueberry waffle and the ham and egg crepe, and had mimosas. What is breakfast without oj....and champagne? After that we head to the pool for a coup,e of hours. Saturday wasn't too hot so it was nice for a couple of hours. I had a frozen lemonade with vodka and she had a pina colada. The water in the pool was pretty nice, not too cold, not too warm.

Later that afternoon we cleaned up and walked to Caesar's to find my niece a new pair of sunglasses, she's bought several pairs from Davante in the forum shops...and her hubby had run over a pair of them so she needed new ones. The Davante over near Carmine's appears to be closing and their selection was poor so she ended up finding a pair at Kate Spade. After that we head back to the room to get ready for dinner and our concert. We took a cab to Ferraro's across from Hard Rock. We ate in the lounge so we could take advantage of the happy hour menu. We each had a glass of wine and we tried 4 small plates, each one better than the one before it. I would definitely go back!

Next stop, Hard Rock. We had floor seats for Journey, this was the last night of their mini residency. It was awesome! One of the best concerts I've seen and probably the best seats I've ever had. The Joint is a great venue. We had a great time. I've always loved Journey and was glad my niece is old enough to know their music. I think there were 3 songs they sang that I didn't know. I have decided I'm never buying the cheap seats for a concert. It was well worth the price for the floor!

After the concert we head back to Ballys, I needed to give CET some play. I was playing in the HL, not winning much but racking up lots of TC's on little money. I ordered a Titos and cranberry from the waitress and tipped her with a $2 bill and the 2 ladies next to me asked where I got them. I told them my bank usually has them but they can order them for me if they don't have them in stock. After that my luck ran cold so I decided to go play let it ride. Before I walked away I gave each of them a $2 bill and said I hoped it would bring them luck. I sit down at the last seat at LIR and buy in for $100. I look at my cards and tucked them and thanked the dealer. He flips a queen, then flips another queen. He'd dealt me trip aces so I won all my bets, something to the tune of $450. I was at a table with a family from California and it was pretty fun, then there was a dealer change and my luck was running out so I cashed in with a purple and a green chip. I went back to the machine I was playing and the ladies were still there. They asked how I did and I showed them my chips and said "good karma". I ended up playing slots til about 2, my niece had turned in at about 11.

Sunday morning we went to Hash House a Go Go for breakfast and mimosas. Too much food but it was great. Also great, cutting the line with my diamond card! We went to the pool again but Sunday was hot so we didn't stay very long, plus we had spa appointments at Cosmo early in the afternoon. We went to Cosmo and played in the HL then we found the Flintstones machines and played them til it was time to go to the spa. We had the 2 treatment package so we had massages and facials. It was wonderful, very nice facility, although I still think Qua is my favorite.

After our treatments we went to the PHo diamond lounge for a snack, then went to Ballys to play before getting ready for dinner. We used a Travelzoo coupon for dinner at BLT, it was great but too much food, we should have split the salad instead of each of us ordering one and we could have easily just had one side dish. It is nice that they tell you that you have $210 to use and that you have to tip on the $210 and then pay the taxes.

Back to the HL slots at Ballys after dinner for a little while, then my niece decided it was time to go to bed so we went to the room and packed. I went back down to play more. I saw a man win $4,000 on a VP machine while I was playing $1 slots. I wasn't doing well so I thought I'd change my luck and go back to let it ride. This time I sit in the second to last seat and buy in for $100. Two of the people that had played with me the night before were at the table so I spoke to them. The dealer deals the cards and I look at mine and thank her, then I tell the lady in the last seat that she's not going to like me. I'm not sure what the dealer flipped over but it was no help to me, but when she flips my cards over I have 3 aces again. Seriously, what are the odds? The man from the night before just started to laugh. I played for about an hour and cashed out at $300 and went back to slots. The man that won the $4,000 sat at a $5 machine next to me and hit another hand pay of $4,000, then a few minutes later he hits one for $7,200. I don't think he was playing it at $5, he was bouncing back and forth between $10 and $25. I called it a night at midnight.

Up and out early, flight was at 9:25. Another great trip with my niece and i wasn't even down $1,000 for the trip, so I call that a win. No hand pays for me but I sure saw a lot of people getting them. Maybe next trip.

• Like Like x 2
  2. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great report sparky!

• Like Like x 1
  3. LV2GAMBLE

LV2GAMBLE Certified LOW Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice report. Glad you could share some time with your niece.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Kobra2848

Kobra2848 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We were at Bally's at the same time and also visited BLT. Enjoyed your report and we also got lucky and got to fly home on a new plane from SW. I think it is a 800 series.

Mark

• Like Like x 1
  5. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Glad you had a good time!

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.