1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

A month around South East Asia (Jan 2020) TR & Vlogs

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Trip Reports' started by ajdj, Mar 23, 2020.

1. ajdj

ajdj Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Trying to be positive and creative during these unusual times so I have been teaching myself how to video edit using Davinci Resolve whilst on lockdown here in Spain. I have a lot of footage from our last trip so I’m aiming to release a vlog for each day we were away. I’ve never done anything like this before but I’m really enjoying it so far.

With travel on hold for all of us for the foreseeable I thought you may be interested to see what we got up to (this is hopefully serving as good practice for our next Vegas trip which I intend to vlog too).

Itinerary-
    Saigon (Ho Chi Minh City), Vietnam
    Phu Quoc, Vietnam
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Trang, Thailand
    Koh Mook, Thailand
    Krabi Town, Thailand
    Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
    Georgetown, Malaysia
    North Sumatra (Bukit Lawang & Lake Toba),Indonesia
    Singapore

I feel I should probably note that due to the timing COVID-19 wasn’t really on our radar until the final week of the trip. A lot has obviously changed around the world since then.

We flew from Fuerteventura to Barcelona on 7th January and overnighted before doing Barcelona- London Heathrow, Heathrow-Bangkok, Bangkok-Ho Chi Minh with British Airways. Arrived on 9th January. Didn’t film the travel day(s) so Day 1 saw us explore Saigon on foot.

Counting down to my first Wynn stay
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  2. ajdj

ajdj Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks to all that have watched and subscribed so far.

Day 2 - We booked a street food tour on scooters to experience some great food spots in the city with locals. Vi and Annie took great care of us and we had a lot of fun (and a lot of great food!). Video is now live.

I’d not had an awful lot of Vietnamese food prior to this but really enjoyed the fresh flavours and the French influence. It was a great introduction and I’m keen to see how different regions compare if we return at some point to visit the North of the country. Banh Mi was probably my favourite, washed down with a Saigon Red beer

• Like Like x 2
  3. ajdj

ajdj Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Day 3 - We flew from Ho Chi Minh City to the island of Phu Quoc. It was my wife's birthday so we enjoyed a few cocktails and a great meal on our first night. This is a shorter update as it was a travel day

• Like Like x 2
  4. rsanbal9

rsanbal9 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm enjoying your vlogs so much. Thank you.