1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

A Little of Everything and 280+ Pics to Prove It: 7/10-7/15 [FULL REPORT]

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by M_ILIS, Jul 17, 2021.

1. clr

clr Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Loved your pictures and the pace of your family trip! Your daughter has gone from a young girl to a stunning young woman. Her style is amazing!

• Like Like x 1
  2. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Another great report! Congrats on the Royal!

• Like Like x 1
  3. BlueBellThunder

BlueBellThunder VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looks like you had an awesome trip. Great pictures.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Tutontow

Tutontow Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the report. It looks like you all had a great time. I really enjoyed the pics.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Matco

Matco Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great Report, so many pictures!

Quick weekend away at the Cosmo!
    8 days at the Cosmo for our Honeymoon!
    • Like Like x 1
  6. HHW

HHW Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Reading this report before dinner was an error - so many delicious looking meals!

December fun!
    February Fun!
    • Like Like x 1
  7. bshowell

bshowell VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You all had a great trip. Love all the photos - especially the one of Circa behind Golden Nugget.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Kobra2848

Kobra2848 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Another great report with wonderful pics. I assume your son is too old to travel to Vegas with his parents and little sister.

Mark

• Like Like x 1
  9. mr.vegas

mr.vegas Peace sells, but who's buying?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the great TR.

• Like Like x 1
  10. M_ILIS

M_ILIS VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, we invited him but he passed. Since he turned 21, he's been to Vegas a time or two but isn't really that big on it. Hopefully our daughter had a good enough time that she'll want to keep going for a while.

11. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Fantastic photos; thank you for sharing.

Christmas at Cosmo
    60th Birthday at Cosmo
    • Like Like x 1
  12. VegasGroove

VegasGroove VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Your reports are ALWAYS fun to read, the pics are always great and THE FOOD! THE FOOOOOOOD! I say it every time you post a trip report - I love how you and family do Vegas. And your daughter! It's like we here on VMB are watching her grow up, what a lovely young lady!

Thank you again for posting such a great report! Take great care!

• Like Like x 1
  13. M_ILIS

M_ILIS VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    After reading other reports about inconsistent housekeeping practices right now, I thought I'd add what we encountered. At Downtown Grand, I wanted to make sure my daughter's bed got fresh sheets after my friend stayed in the other bed that first night, so I left a note and a tip in the room, but decided to also call housekeeping Sunday morning to make that request. Good thing I did because they said they weren't making up rooms due to Covid, but they would by request. When I returned to my room after Sam's Town that afternoon, it wasn't made up but a housekeeper right down the hall said it was on her list and she'd be there in a few minutes. She and another employee came and changed the sheets and did a few other things, but ignored things like the ice bucket, providing new towels or waters, etc. That was the only time in a three night stay that our room got made up.

Then at Aria I think both days we got a knock on the door asking if we were leaving (probably confusion caused by back-to-back reservations). The middle day we said we'd be leaving the room soon and switched the light from "private" to "service" but they never did make up our room.

Here's another weird twist: At our smelly shower first room at Aria (we were only in it about 15 minutes), I noticed one of the shampoo/conditioner/body wash in the shower looked the same as the ones at Downtown Grand, where we'd just stayed. My wife thought I'd already put it in the Aria shower because I mentioned I really liked the scent. Anyway, on checkout day I walked past an Aria housekeeping cart and noticed they were actually USING DOWNTOWN GRAND BRANDED AMENITIES!?! Our other room had the standard Aria ones, so I can only assume they were running short but have no idea how they connected with DTG to use those! Very odd, right?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  14. M_ILIS

M_ILIS VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just remembered two things to add to this report: The walls and floors of the Gallery Tower at DTG seem to be paper thin. One morning we were woken up by every move the people above us made. It sounded like they were rolling a chair around the room at an absurdly early hour. Then the next morning whoever was in the room next to us didn't respond to his/her alarm and we had to listen to a snippet of a song play on a loop for what seemed like 20-30 minutes or so.

The other thing is while I was playing that STP machine at DTG, I was surprised to notice for the very first time that when a multiplier is coming, you can already see what number it's going to stop on by watching the pay tables change. I was shocked I'd never noticed that before. Well right now as I write this I'm back at Sycuan and played STP tonight and the machines here don't do that. The pay tables don't multiply until the number lands on the actual multiplier. So now I think I wasn't crazy for not noticing that before, because I think that machine at DTG is the anomaly.

15. mdm4sfest

mdm4sfest VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Awesome, fun, entertaining, informative trip report. Tell your daughter her style is killer cool for her age… lots of kids (and adults) wouldn’t appreciate it.

• Like Like x 1