1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

A Hertz Gold Detail?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by ReTriggerMe, Nov 14, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ReTriggerMe

ReTriggerMe Stand Up to Jewish Hate!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I tried asking this question of Hertz twice, but it was apparent the representatives didn't really understand the question.

I have a Hertz corporate rate.
    I am Hertz Gold - I arrive, my name's on a board, I choose any car in designated aisle(s) and go

Every time I make a reservation, the system defaults to a full size car under the corporate deal. It's a good rate. But if I scroll through offerings, in addition to SUV and luxury offerings, I can reserve a mid-size for $2.00 less per day, a small sedan for $4.00 less per day....

I've always just taken the full-size. But I always wonder - if I'm eligible to take any car in the Gold aisle, should I be reserving the cheapest car?

2. Dory364

Dory364 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Intermediate or better. So no economy or compact cars. If you choose something other than intermediate-premium sedan you can still get a car in the gold aisle but it could be annoying depending on who’s checking you out.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. The Rumor

The Rumor VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    At work, we are supposed to reserve intermediate and that puts us in the gold aisle.

Their cars are terrible right now in the average gold aisle, so it's not the sort of thing I worry about. If I get reserved into a full size (which is probably a Sonata) it's better than 99% of what is in the Gold Aisle right now.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Christina6001

Christina6001 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I’m five star, but before I was gold so if you have status, then you should be able to book the cheapest rate cuz then you can pick any car from that section. I always book whatever is the cheapest (I think my corporate rate just gives me the medium sedan upgrade for “free” so it’s the same price for me as compact and economy so I book that). That said, I also have no issues driving a small crappy car, but if you do, then you should book what you want. If you’re at a smaller place and they have limited selection, then for sure you want to book for what you want. Even the bigger places, if it’s super busy, they have low inventory. Also, I noticed when I first started booking it would default to full size or something I didn’t care for and when I asked, they told me it was a default setting and told me how to change it or did it for me (I don’t remember). Since then no issues. Precovid, upgrades were the norm. Now, I’m not sure as I haven’t rented as much, but I remember during covid, the inventory was scarce.

5. The Rumor

The Rumor VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm renting once a month. It's hit or miss by location. My main travel spot is CLT, and their inventory is simply woeful right now.

6. StuartUK

StuartUK Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Random question for you guys...
    5* with Hertz..
    Normally, when in vegas, we book mid-size, then normally do a special deal to get the muscle car....
    But also, when booking, i could normally book the Muscle car group if i wanted to pay that premuim..
    At present, looking at dates in May, June & September, on the US or UK Hertz website, i dont get the option for the V8 muscle cars, or the Hendricks car.........
    Any ideas for those who have been recently and rented with Hertz, if they stopped doing V8 cars at present ?

Show me the money Jerry, show me the money!!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.