1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

A few observations on my recent Vegas trip May 2017

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by hotreds, May 16, 2017.

1. hotreds

hotreds VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

The more I go to Vegas, the more I like it! Stayed at Bally's, top floor Jubilee with a partial view of the fountains and a nice view of the strip south. Next to our Flamingo Go this was our fav room. Noticed again how crowded it was, and how many Asians were there.Vegas does cater to Asians, and it seems to be working.

Shows: Terry Fator- what a talented guy! Entertaining. And I'm not necessarily a fan of ventriloquists. Laughter in the Afternoon. Absolutely hilarious, one of my favs for sure! Nathan Burton- amazing magic, audience interaction. Non stop. Recommended! Bronx Wanderers- Fabulous show! Highly recommended, esp. if you remember and enjoy the doo-wop sound. Tenors of Rock- Very talented lads, but I didn't like some of their odd, supremely mellow arrangements of metal classics.

We also saw Journey, who were fantastic. Only song I missed was Wheel in the Sky. Not sure why they didn't perform that one.

Eats: LVB Burger- very similar to the burger joint it replaced. Good food and lots of it. D- Grill- Actually quite tasty fare. Ketchup- not as good as I remembered. Loved the Loopy shake, maybe I let this one sit too long. Basic burgers and similar. Will give it another go if we're in Planet Hollywood again next time. Noodle#9- very good meal, a little irked because I had a coupon that said it was good between 7-12; we got there at 11:30 and checked out at 12:30 and they declined our using it. Customer is always right, I thought.....Pink Taco- good food, weren't able to totally relax as we were a bit pressed for time. Worth another visit if we're at Planet Hollywood again. Hash House a Go Go- Staple for us, my meal had too many potatoes for my liking, will hafta remember that next time. Excellent comfort food.

We were going to go back west next year, but now I'm tempted to go in November.

Had to go again this year!
    • Like Like x 2
  2. BarelyHangingOn

BarelyHangingOn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice. We saw the Terry Fator Christmas show in December and wasn't sure what to expect. We both loved it. You are right, what a talent.

3. Geogran

Geogran Tea Sipper

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That was a lot of shows for one trip! Thanks for your reviews, we also think Terry Fator does a great show and will add some of the others you noted to our list of to do shows later this year.

4. Niteshade

Niteshade Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great recap - glad you had a good trip

5. hotreds

hotreds VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yup, my wife was gasping when we had two shows back to back!

Had to go again this year!
  6. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Fator is one of the best shows we've seen in Vegas! Excellent! Glad you had a good time!